Buyer is responsible for assuring timely product delivery and product availability. This includes regularly monitoring vendor pricing, availability, and terms. Basic responsibilities of a buyer include determining purchasing needs with help of Procurement Manager, Placing Purchase orders, Tracking purchase orders, contacting vendors, Maintaining inventories, Cost and product availability; evaluating samples, products and services; and recommending and initiating purchase of materials, supplies and service and Ensure timely delivery of the Open Purchase order.
Reporting directly to the Procurement Manager.
Essential Job Functions
· Buyer will be responsible to procure/buy appropriate goods and/or services at the best to meet the needs of the purchaser in terms of quality and quantity, time and location.
· Responsible for the daily operation of the purchasing process that will include teams Analyze and manage MRP & purchase order creation.
· Follow-up on all purchase orders and investigate on all inquiries. Assist in developing long-and-short range objectives and goals for the Department to ensure timely fulfillment of orders.
· Prepare purchase orders or other agreements as necessary and check them for accuracy and completeness before issuing.
· Review acknowledgements for agreement with purchase orders and resolve any discrepancies with the supplier to the best possible advantage for this organization.
· Follow-up or expedite orders as necessary to meet schedules.
· Maintain PO tracker for all the open orders with required Delivery date V/s Actual ready date/Ship date for the order.
· Keep the Purchasing Manager informed of all activities or problems and submit reports as requested by management.
· Maintain adequate supplier information, and maintain procurement records like Product Specs – Including Price.
· Research suppliers to determine which ones fit company pricing and quality objectives.
· Work with co-packing facilities to manage production orders, delivery of raw materials (if applicable), and coordination of deliveries
· Work collaboratively with Warehouse and Production Team to respond and successfully resolve in a timely manner any issues impacting order fulfillment
· Collaborate with QA Manager to ensure all raw materials meet required specs and to resolve vendor return issues and reconcile vendor returns as needed and Provide Necessary Documents Like COA, MSDS etc.
· Buyer must maintain accurate records of current and prospect suppliers and their performance, and so they need to possess strong data entry skills.
· Additional Responsibilities could be assigned at Future Date.
Required Skills and Experience
- Buyer must be excellent team players and also work well independently. They must possess strong communication skills, as they report and deliver status reports to the supervisor or president in their department. These buyers must have strong analytical abilities and work well under pressure. A bachelor's degree in business, supply chain, commerce or related field is needed for this position. In addition, relevant business certifications are a plus.
- Proficient with Desktop Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint.