Develop and maintain existing customer and vendor relationships, while continuously seeking new opportunities. Insure excellent results with a focus on Trade Development by applying a working knowledge of products while continuously seeking to develop, maintain and share personal and team product knowledge.
- Primary support of the Residential, Commercial Contractor, and Specification community with secondary emphasis on the wholesale community. 80% Contactors/Specifiers to 20% Wholesale
- Influence trade buying decisions of existing and potential customers through technical expertise, sales goals, design support and exceptional service levels.
- Maintain and develop vendor relationships, business planning and regular joint visits within the territory.
- Strive to consistently maximize profitability by utilizing current programs, promotions, price lists and product literature.
- Communicate regularly with management on sales goals, market trends, challenges and opportunities
- Submit thorough and timely work plans and monthly/annual territory analyses.
- Evaluate competitive developments to gain market share by monitoring current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Address and resolve all customer requests, complaints and objections with a positive and creative approach.
- Maintain and develop professional/technical knowledge and personal networks through relevant professional associations while serving as a technical resource for others in the organization.
- Comply with all company rules, policies and procedures while ensuring the highest level of customer service and ethics are followed.
Basic Required Skills
- Strong sales and marketing skills.
- Basic mechanical aptitude and understanding of plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical systems.
- Comprehensive product knowledge and presentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Consistent organizational skills required with ability to multi-task.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Math skills needed include: gross profit/gross margin, add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
- 5+ years of experience in sales, design or service with technical components with demonstrated sales growth
- 3+ years' experience in an environment that demands accuracy, thoroughness, and analytical reasoning.
- Bachelor's degree a plus
- Bilingual a plus.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
- Work environment includes a wide variety of situations including: office, manufacturing, machine shops, agricultural operations, and any other specific business operations of current or potential customers. This position requires extensive travel by automobile and/or airplane.
The physical demands and work environment reflected are representative of those encountered by employees when performing the essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to accommodate individuals with disabilities perform the essential functions of the job.
Power Recruiting Company is a national search firm that specializes in the placement of sales, marketing, supply chain, and engineering professionals within the Plumbing, HVAC and Building Materials Industries. With over 15 years of experience, Power Recruiting Company provides a blend of recruitment solutions including Retained Search, Engaged Search and Contingency Search. We know where to find top talent in the industry and have a thorough understanding of both the retail and wholesale channels of distribution.
Our mission is to help our clients achieve and maintain their competitive business advantage by finding, attracting, and nurturing the very best executives for their leadership teams. We achieve this by maintaining an extremely high-caliber network of industry executives.
Our extraordinary success is a result of years of industry experience, our dedication to making the right fit, and our belief in an ethically responsible partnership with both client and candidate.
Location/Region: Anaheim, CA (US)