Experienced Clinical Research Coordinator (Huntington Beach, CA)
Research Coordinator with Full Time Availability - Must be reliable
We have been conducting clinical research for over 15 years with many leading pharmaceutical companies.
Please e-mail resume with cover letter. Must have previous clinical research experience as a coordinator to apply.
Responsible for screening research subjects for participation in clinical research projects, enrolling research subjects onto these studies, monitoring protocol implementation, completing required forms and reporting results. Works closely with other clinical research staff.
1. Independently or in conjunction with other clinical research staff and/or research nurse, recruits and enrolls research subjects onto clinical research projects according to study protocols. May assess research subjects' eligibility for inclusion in a particular protocol based on contracts with physicians and nurses and knowledge of the protocol.
2. Checks all eligibility and ineligibility criteria with the research subjects' medical record. Verifies information with clinical research nurse and/or principal investigator.
3. Discusses informed consent with research subjects. Interacts with research subjects prior to entering the study and throughout the entire treatment. Assists with scheduling appointments and follow up tests.
4. Learns protocol and monitors strict adherence to protocols by physicians, nurses and research subjects. Reviews protocol requirements with physicians, nurses and fellows. Identifies any problems with protocol compliance and notifies principal investigator and/or research nurse. Begins to learn how to independently resolve problems with protocol.
5. Extracts data on protocol subjects from hospital records, outpatient charts and private physician office records in order to complete case report forms required by specific protocols. Enters data into computerized system.
6. Draws blood, processes and packages labs samples.
1. AA or BS degree required or relevant experience.
2. One year related work experience required in Research.
3. Medical terminology.
4. Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include EDC, IVRS, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access. Type 40 WPM or more.
1. Previous clinical research project experience.
2. Previous Medical Assistant experience
3. Previous Blood Draws and injections
1. Friendly outgoing personality welcoming and warm, eager to learn and pickup things quickly.
2. Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
3. Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
4. Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.