Barnard Howard is hiring for a Technical Project Manager for a fast paced, critical project in the Aerospace industry in the Long Beach CA area.
We are looking for a technical project manager who can be hands on with multiple very highly visible projects. This person will be working in both Agile and Lean environments. Ideally we would like someone with SAP experience who has moved into a technical project manager role. This person must be able to get their hands dirty, and be technically minded. We need someone who will attack each issue and deliverable with a mind set to get things done the right way. Working in a team environment this consultant must be able to communicate and drive success.
The technical project manager is responsible for collaborating with Business focal’s to manage strategic initiatives and help implement methodology. This role requires hands-on planning and project management, the ability to track deliverables, identify opportunities for improvement and communicate effectively across functional groups. STRONG SKILLS DOCUMENTATION IS A MUST.
• Partner with team leads, to provide PMO support and oversight for mid – large size, complex projects with multiple project components
• Facilitate effective decision making through presentation of key information and recommendations
• Execute well-defined project analysis, including cost benefit and structure analysis
• Provide financial oversight
• Ensure high levels of client satisfaction for assigned projects. Regularly solicit feedback regarding performance
• Analyze and resolve problems associated with technical issues, project resources, and project integration issues
• Prepare reports
• Develop risk mitigation plans and manage customer expectations and resolve cross-functional issues
• The environment is a mix of SAP and legacy systems
Education and Experience:
• Project Management experience is required
• Experience should include time on SAP implementations
• Experience in similar capacity with responsibility for project management of mid-large scale projects
• Experience in managing both Lean and Agile initiatives
• 5+ years of demonstrated successful project/program management experience with mid-large scale projects
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Six Sigma and/or PMP certification preferred
• Strong ability to present to leadership
• Demonstrated results producer with excellent project management and problem solving skills
• Outstanding influence, collaboration and communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, Visio and Access
• Resource management, including resource estimation and allocation
Barnard Howard was founded in 2007 with the vision to facilitate & manage change. We take a cash flow approach and like to say, “the bottom line is productivity”.
Change is tough! We help you understand your financial needs and organize your company or organizational structure to make it through the twists and turns, ups and down, of life. We also take the risk and stress out of implementing new technology – software & hardware.
Cash is King! You deserve your future! Let's make it great! The bottom line is productivity! Give us a call, we can help secure your future.
Location/Region: Long Beach, CA (US)