Service Technician I
Ability Center is a leading sales and service provider of conversion vehicles and mobility equipment in the mobility industry and currently has an opening for a Service Technician I in our TLong Beach, CA store. The Service Technician I inspects, diagnoses, repairs and maintains mobility equipment and conversion vehicles that include a ramp or lift suitable for wheelchair use to performance specifications that ensure customer convenience and safety.
- Accurate and efficient diagnosis of conversion vehicle service- or repair-related issues.
- Determine best course of action to repair or resolve the problem and meet customer’s needs.
- Complete quality repairs, installations and upkeep of converted vehicles.
- Document repairs performed on each vehicle from diagnosis to service.
- Maintain a comprehensive conversion-vehicle knowledge base and stay current with frequent changes and advancements to better service the vehicles.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Ability to interact compassionately with clients.
- Willingness to learn the mobility industry and the different needs of clientele.
- Ability to work in a changing environment in which the work to be performed may vary daily.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn, the specifics of converted vehicles/mobility equipment and an understanding of their functions.
- Ability to adapt to changing technology and repair techniques.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to solve problems with patience and persistence.
- Detail oriented with superb analytical skills a plus.
- Experience in an automotive environment.
- The service technician will be working indoors in a well-vented and well-lighted repair shop.
- Occasional noise due to the use of power and machine tools.
- Frequent work with dirty and/or greasy parts and in awkward positions.
- Frequently move heavy parts/machinery up to 30 pounds.
- Electronic diagnostic equipment
- Power tools
- Machine tools
- Welding equipment
- Hand tools
- Digital manuals
- Reference materials
Successful candidate must provide own basic set of tools and multimeter.
Education and Experience:
We’re looking for team members who have some mechanical or auto shop experience, who have worked as a mechanic’s assistant or in RV repairs, or are mechanically inclined. Ongoing training is provided.
We offer a competitive hourly rate and a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401 (k) plans, paid vacation and paid sick leave.
To be considered for the position, please submit your resume.