Reporting directly to the Vice President of Planning and Allocation, the goal of the Merchandise PLANNER is
- ·Develop and manage merchandise plans, weekly OTB, and ladder plans in partnership with the Buyer.
- Re-project sales, receipts, markdowns based on changes in business trends or merchandising strategies. (OTB $ Weekly/Monthly)
- Manage key item unit plans and ladder unit plans focusing on forecasting sales and receipt flow. Ensure receipts are timely to cover sales and presentation requirements as well as end of season transition.
- Identify and recommend markdowns, pricing strategies (style level). Focus on SKU productivity and aging of the inventory.
- Provide analysis to recommend SKU counts and order quantities to meet sales within a given category.
- Work with Buyer to ensure the composition of the assortment will support the sales goal by maintaining appropriate AUR’s, SKU count and inventory level by SKU by store.
- Analyze store performance and work with Buyer on micro-merchandising strategies to incorporate individual store profiles into the assortment.
- Partner with the Buyer to identify distribution and vendor logistic opportunities; optimum pre-packs, flow strategies, etc.
- Work with Allocator to ensure that key items are 100% in stock by store.
- Work with Allocator to identify growth opportunities and minimize down trending business by store.
- Experience with JDA MID is strongly preferred
- Previous inventory control experience within a retail company required
- Able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Excellent organizational skills
- Advanced Excel skills
- 3-5 years merchandise Planning experience
National Stores, Inc. is a family-owned, family-oriented company that was established in 1962 and grew from a single store in downtown Los Angeles to more than 350 convenient locations in twenty-two states and Puerto Rico. National Stores, Inc off-price stores include: Fallas, Fallas Paredes, Fallas Discount Stores, Factory 2-U, Anna's Linens and Falas (in Puerto Rico). Our stores offer a big selection of quality brand name and private label clothing and shoes for the whole family and items for the home. Our philosophy is "First place to shop! First place to save!" and we are committed to providing quality merchandise while keeping our prices the lowest anywhere. We are conveniently located in power strips, specialty centers and downtown locations in the same neighborhoods and smaller communities our customers and employees call home. We are growing -- join our company and grow with us!
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)