Agency's client, LIFEAID is looking for a new Copywriter. This person will be responsible for developing and overseeing all of our language and messaging, both external and internal. They should be an expert in communication - able to keep up with the latest marketing trends and tactics, as well as being proficient in narrative driven writing. The Copywriter will report to Chief Marketing Officer, but work closely with the heads of each department to ensure that all communications are in line with LIFEAID (The Functional Beverage) Brand's philosophy and vision. The Copywriter will be knowledgeable and confident speaking to all LIFEAID products and marketing initiatives, being a true spokesperson for the brand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Become completely familiar with LIFEAID’s tone of voice/style and ensure all copy is on-brand, as well as helping develop and evolve said language
- Write excellent copy for digital marketing mediums including email, websites, landing pages, mobile, digital advertising, video, social media, etc.,
- Write effective copy for offline marketing mediums including magazine ads, blow-ins, direct mail, event collateral/signage, etc.
- Take ownership of projects, and help see them from initial planning, through to complete fruition
- Work in collaboration with the heads of multiple departments as needed, and provide them with the best messaging for any given situation
- Proofread print collateral (from product packaging to event materials) to insure there are no errors (spelling, grammar or otherwise)
- Demonstrate a willingness and desire to assist colleagues, and to help LIFEAID grow and evolve as a brand
- Develop future initiatives to increase LIFEAID’s audience reach
- BA in English, communications (or related field)
- 2-3 years of experience in copywriting, marketing, advertising (or related field)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple deadlines
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems in a creative manner
- Strength working as part of a team
- Strength working independently
- Must be passionate, invested and enthusiastic
- Proficient in Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Working knowledge of current social media is a plus
- Willing to occasionally travel
- Must pass a standard background check
- Work with a (two-time) Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Company
- Free LIFEAID products and gear!
Job Type: Full-time
Note: Any company related expenses will be reimbursed
With 35 employees working in our core practice areas of Data/Analytics & insights, Creative & Activation and Media Amplification we partner with brands such as Google, LIFEAID Beverage Co., Lexus and Toyota to help transform social & digital marketing efforts with the express purpose of driving business results.
BMG's capabilities are rooted in a robust understanding of all things social, digital and experiential. We have best-practices across channels, maximizing opportunities for engagement and methodically writing & creating content across the entire social and digital ecosystem. Further, our experiential background and field marketing expertise enables us to drive consistent powerful messaging offline as well.
Using our proprietary analytics practice we are able to help brands drive transformational engagement & growth in the social and digital ecosystem. This transformation starts by collaboratively identifying a brand’s unique purpose and then carving out a "Whitespace" for the brand to generate relevance in the social media world.
Location/Region: Santa Ana, CA (US)