The buying assistant supports the Buyer and General Merchandise Manager while providing information/communications to vendors, stores and management teams. Responsible for communication with all cross-functional teams. Ultimately, the assistant buyer manages the operational assignments that help support the overall company sales objectives including the maintenance of vender relationships, data integrity, and reporting.
Primary Functions & Responsibilities
- Perform the administrative and operational functions to support the buying team
- Responsible for the full lifecycle of a Purchase Order including entering POs, creating SKUs, entering transfers and maintaining any updates.
- Upload markdown and pricing into systems.
- Maintain damage log, request replacement parts with vendor, communicate with warehouse and inventory control. Ensure damage log is updated weekly.
- Communicate with accounting, warehouse, inventory management, and vendors to reconcile purchase order discrepancies and vendor invoice status.
- Update special order logs, master vendor files, catalogs and pricelists, and order fabric and finish samples.
- Work with vendors and stores to coordinate product trainings. Set up product knowledge and product preview files for stores.
- Liaise with Ecommerce and vendors to gather item descriptions, dimensions, and weights and request hi-res images. Monitor the daily upload of new product on company website.
- Set up assortment boards, prepare reports, and participate in discussion in meetings. Work with Buyer on presentation.
- Organize picture files for best seller reporting, picture POs, assortment boards, assortment sheets, ecommerce, and system uploads.
- Special projects as needed by General Merchandise Manager.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of retail math and operations
- Strong analytical and computer skills with an emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Must be a strong team player
- Must be a self-starter
Required Qualifications & Education
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and knowledgeable in Microsoft Office
- Experience in furniture industry a plus
ABOUT HD BUTTERCUP
HD Buttercup is revolutionizing the retail home furnishings and rugs market. The Company brings high quality home furnishings, extraordinary rugs and unique housewares directly to consumers at its one-stop home shopping destinations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Santa Monica, Costa Mesa and online.
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, the Company's flagship store occupies approximately 100,000 square feet in the landmark Helms Bakery Building. The San Francisco store occupies 40,000 square feet in a historic brick and mortar building in the city's chic SoMa neighborhood.
HD Buttercup's stores are home to thousands of high quality products featuring exceptional styles of furniture, rugs, world-class beds and bedding products. Products are carefully selected from throughout the world. The Company is committed to providing superior merchandise with amazing value that addresses evolving trends and customer demands. The Company's departments house distinctly themed assortments and displays which flow seamlessly through the store to create a vibrant shopping environment.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)