International Cultural Exchange Services (ICES) is a leading non-profit company in youth exchange. Local coordinators play a strong role in the organizational mission of promoting world peace and cultural understanding. ICES is mandated by the Department of State, and all aspects and functions of the youth exchange must adhere to the mandated rules and regulations set forth by the D.O.S.
*Position posted until filed; review of resumes to begin March 1st
**Pay is performance based, and is determined by the number of students that the local coordinator places and supervises. Coordinators have the opportunity to earn an all-expense paid trip to Italy in the fall, and Las Vegas in the spring. Bonuses can also be earned based on performance.
***This is a part-time position and should be considered supplemental income. Room to advance into a salaried management positions is possible. Advancement is based on performance and experience.
- Demonstrate leadership and the ability to work effectively with host families and students
- Demonstrate a commitment to youth exchange by promoting the program in the local community
- Locate and seek host families through own initiative while following the D.O.S. regulations and I.C.E.S. guidelines
- Familiarity with youth exchange programs
- Demonstrate the initiative to work collaboratively with field managers, regional directors, support department, compliance, and other key office staff
- Proven track record in coordinating and leading. Must have good organizational and time management skills. Need to be able to multi-task, to prioritize activities and decisions, and to manage in stressful situations
- Communicates effectively both verbally and in writing to colleagues, host families, schools, and students
- Technologically proficient including direct access to the internet, a computer, printer, and scanner
- Must have excellent communication skills and be comfortable networking in the community
- Must be able to use marketing tools to locate host families on own initiative (*coordinators are responsible for seeking and finding their own host families in their home community)
- Have reliable transportation
- Must be at least 25
- Must pass a background check
- Have a passion and desire to work with youth
- Fast-paced learner
- High school diploma
- Previous work experience in cultural exchange
- Prior connections with community members that would be willing to host
- Background in education
- Strong ties to the local community
- Knowledge of using social media to promote cultural exchange
- Associates degree or higher
- The majority of the job position is performed in the local coordinators home
- There is some travel to meet with host families and students
- Duties performed are independent with guidance and training
- Typical work schedule is flexible
- Coordinators are independent contractors
- Respond to job post with a cover letter and resume or visit our website and apply online at icesusa.org
- If applicant is qualified, a telephone interview will be set up
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
International Cultural Exchange Services (ICES) was founded in 1991 by John J. Crist in Atlanta, Georgia. John had previously worked in Youth Exchange Executive Roles for over 10 years in the United States, based in San Francisco and Santa Barbara, California and internationally in Brighton, England, Madrid, Spain and Stockholm, Sweden.
For well over two decades ICES has promoted a more peaceful world by advancing international awareness and cultural understanding to thousands of exchange students from all over the world. ICES has become a leader in the field of youth exchange due to years of hard work, quality service, and caring hearts of our president and key ICES staff who have all been with ICES since its inception.
Location/Region: Santa Barbara, CA (US)