Mechanical Engineer, Supervising Pasadena, CA
Parsons offers the U.S. Government qualified and clearable personnel to solve engineering, intelligence, information technology, facility, environmental, and energy needs. Our staff has supported mission-critical, homeland security, installation/base optimization, range sustainability, space exploration, unexploded ordnance cleanup, missile defense, and disaster relief programs both here and around the globe. We excel in delivering to mission-critical expectations. We offer an ethical, challenging, diverse, rewarding and fun work experience where enthusiastic, responsible people use their energy, talent and dedication to make a difference in the world. Parsons makes the world a safer place
Parsons is seeking an engineer with experience in space launch system design for various types of launch facilities and projects, including refurbishment, upgrades and other improvements. Design experience to include water quenching systems, blast valves, blast doors, extreme pressure and temperature launch systems. Other support facilities and equipment (e.g. chilled water systems, chillers, cooling towers, and airside systems & equipment including low and medium pressure ductwork, central station air handlers, computer room air handlers, VAV systems, will also be associated with the work.
The successful candidate will have experience in conducting site-surveys, preparing site survey reports, preparing drawings, performing design calculations, writing technical construction specifications, cost estimating suitable for procurement and construction purposes and providing construction administration support (preparation of field reports, submittal & shop drawing review, punchlist development, etc.).
The project work requires occasional travel to client facility locations for site visits, facility assessments, Qualifications
• A minimum of 15 years of mechanical engineering experience
• Minimum of 4 -y ea r B a c h e lo r o f S ci en c e D eg r e e i n M echanical E n gi n ee ri ng or 5 year Bachelor of Architectural Engineering o r r e l at e d f i e l d
• Holds or ability to obtain California professional engineering license.
• Has experience with space launch support systems, blast valves, blast doors, hydraulics, rocket test stands, quenching systems and associated controls. Experience with 3D CAD software.
• Experience with Microsoft Windows and the MS Windows Office Suite, Adobe Acrobat
• Working knowledge of codes and standards relating to HVAC and plumbing design
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work as part of a team is essential
• M ust have a valid driver's license
• US c it i z e nship and willingness to obtain US government security clearance. Optional
• Experience developing commissioning and testing plans & procedures in addition to witnessing and documenting the testing for equipment such as cooling towers, chillers, air handing units, etc.
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA