Media Services, an Entertainment Payroll Company, is seeking a full-time Residuals Processor with two to three years minimum residuals experience for our Residuals Department. Must have entertainment experience, strong customer service skills, as well as being detail oriented and willing to work as part of a team.
The primary responsibility of this position includes analyzing/ preparing/ verifying residuals set ups and payments on Television, New Media and Theatrical products and distribution markets at the highest level of accuracy, reliability and efficiency; along with supporting and assisting with various assigned projects for the department and company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Independently set up shows for all guilds, markets, and product types (film/tape/dramatic/non-dramatic, etc.).
- Independently research and problem solve inquiries and or assertions made by internal and external groups regarding Residuals rules and or existing set ups and payments.
- Verify set ups and payments when needed for all guilds, markets, and product types.
- Serves as a resource to clients regarding residuals inquiries and issues.
- Record the status of set ups and payments assigned promptly and accurately using the department tracking system and logs.
- Document and store all ''back-ups'' on set ups and payments assigned on the tracker and electronic show-folder in our shared drive.
- Able to produce forecast/ estimate/ audit reports and perform special projects for clients with little to no supervision when needed.
- Support and assist the Supervisor and Director in achieving both department and company goals through various projects when requested..
- Able to perform all coordinator-level job functions in both the client and processing groups.
- Possess and retain a high level of knowledge on both current and future residuals rules and regulations as they are implemented.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong knowledge of collective bargaining agreements including SAG, AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE, AFM.
- Strong knowledge of made for markets rules, residual markets, payment types, and due dates.
- Strong ability to prioritize competing deadlines.
- Ability to type 40 wpm and use 10 key by touch.
- Excellent math aptitude.
- Strong knowledge of computers and software applications including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent client and customer service skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work with minimal supervision.
Minimum of 2 years of residuals processing experience preferably in the entertainment industry.
All team members are required to be on-site. Media Services will not relocate. Media Services offers an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits and 401(k). Media Services is an equal opportunity employer. Media Services will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Change Initiative in Hiring.
Media Services is a leading payroll and production resource for the entertainment industry, exceeding clients’ expectations for over 40 years. Clients range from feature film and TV studios, networks and independent producers to commercial and music video production houses... along with web series developers, corporate media departments and live event organizers. Media Services also offers expert in-house and on-location production accounting, as well as residuals forecasting and processing with a unique cloud-based client portal. The company’s Showbiz Software line is known for its flagship Showbiz Timecards program, along with Showbiz Budgeting, Showbiz Labor Guide and Showbiz Cash Flows. With the goal of getting the industry to completely paperless payroll, Media Services is leading the way in technology: with digital onboarding, mobile timecards, cloud-based accounting and a robust payroll reports portal, Media Services clients enjoy all the best tools to supplement their payroll processing.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)