Small animal veterinary hospital located in Bellflower looking for a dependable and motivated Manager/ RVT / VT with 4+ years experience
Job Description Summary: In partnership with the chief of staff, the Practice Manager plays a vital role in the hospital, managing day-to-day operations so the medical team can devote their time to delivering the highest quality veterinary care.
Required Education/Licenses: Bachelors degree in business or related discipline preferred, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Qualifications: Broad Knowledge of Veterinary Medicine Practices
Candidate must be professional, punctual, reliable, detailed oriented, organized, efficient, self-starter, and a team player. Client education and excellent customer service skill a must. Veterinary Practice Management experience, formal teaching/training experience, patience and nurturing demeanor, RVT with a strong background in dentistry preferred.
- Enforce and adhere to all hospital policies and procedures.
- Continuously provide customer service that goes above and beyond.
- Staff schedule, organize and optimize employee shifts and stations
- Time management including payroll hours calculations
- Utilize your education and skill set to prepare hospital goals, while encouraging and helping the staff meet them.
- Overseeing training and disciplinary action when necessary.
- Monthly practice meetings
- Injury Prevention Program, HR, Compliance
The ideal candidate will have proven success in building teams and the ability to influence as well as inspire the employees they manage. We are seeking a vibrant and outgoing professional with a successful work history in previous veterinary management roles and a positive attitude! This position will include a competitive salary (based on experience), PTO, insurance benefits and CE.g approx 50 hours a week Saturdays and Sundays is mandatory.
Job Type: Full-time
Required Experience: 4 years related experience required (health care, veterinary profession, service industry, etc.), including direct supervisory experience (includes hiring, associate development, etc.).
The position of Practice Manager requires a fair amount of versatility. Duties involve everything from interviewing, hiring and developing associates, to evaluating the hospitals processes, progress and productivity. Our Practice Managers also train associates on how to educate clients about our Optimum Wellness Plans, preventive care, pet health needs and hospital services. You will also be responsible for:
- Educating associates on Banfield guidelines/practices
- Budgeting and planning for the hospital
- Dealing with daily operations
- Scheduling associates, coordinating time off and managing continuing education needs
Commitment Beyond Qualifications
The foundation of our culture and approach to business is known as The Five Principles . They include Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom. These are special values we all share at Banfield and hope to integrate into our daily decisions and processes at work. Additionally, our Practice Managers have:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for problem solving
- Conflict management experience
- Leadership and analytical know-how
We have the resources and programs to help you stay fit, ensure the wellness of your family and pets, and offer a workplace where your professional development is important too.
Personal Health, Savings, and Wellness Benefits
View the official job description or if you're ready to make your move, apply today!
You have requested that ask candidates the following questions:
- How many years of VET HOSPITAL MANGER experience do you have?
- Are you in Bellflower, CA 90706?
- Do you speak SPANISH??