Large residential builder is expanding and is looking for 3 project Managers to work out of their South OC Office. Candidate would have 7 years project manager experience working for a production residential builder.
Supervises and directs all aspects of obtaining entitlements for new residential communities. Responsible for coordinating with all agencies, internal departments and outside consultants to achieve desired development goals. Reports to director or higher level position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervises and directs all aspects of obtaining entitlements, plan approvals & permits for new residential communities including all entitlement documents and plans, tentative and final maps and related approvals. To include agency presentations.
• Responsible for executing upon stringent community entitlement and development/construction schedules.
• Responsible for coordinating and implementing input from division executives regarding site and architectural design.
• Responsible for obtaining all required permits from local jurisdictions in support of land development and home building operations.
• Supervises and coordinates with including architects, engineers, landscape architects, soils and environmental engineers, and other consultants in preparation of required development applications and approvals.
• Responsible for the creation and management of site development, architectural and fee budgets.
• Negotiates contracts for services to be performed by outside consultants such as architecture, civil engineering, landscape architecture and soils and structural engineering.
• Act as lead in due diligence efforts for potential land acquisitions. Prepare feasibility studies, budgets and entitlement / development schedules.
• Coordinate DRE processing and Association formation documents including BRE budgets & CC&R’s. Set up HOA’s and act as a builder liaison and board member.
• Responsible for securing and exonerating all bonds.
• Responsible for support to the Operations Department during the entire construction process.
• Review all plans and specifications from a cost perspective identifying areas, which warrant detailed review and value engineering.
• Coordinate, schedule and supervise the activities of consultants and trade partners to insure necessary approvals and adherence to community schedules.
• Monitor progress of construction of site development specific improvements such as, but not limited to, demolition, grading operations, wet utilities, dry utilities, street improvements, SWPPP/erosion control measures and on-going clean-up in support of home building operations.
• Liaison between Company trade partners, consultants and private, public and quasi-public agencies for any areas that need resolution and to exchange valuable information.
• Assist in the processing of plans or required paperwork for agency approvals and permits or release of bonds or letters of credit implementation.
• Interact with the regional environmental manager and division on issues relating to our Environmental Management System (LEMS) which includes storm water, air quality, wetlands, and environmental site investigation modules.
Market leader in Orange County in Staffing, Recruiting and payroll servicing.