Come build a rewarding hospitality career that allows you to give back to the Veteran Community! With over 70 years of serving our nation’s veterans, Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) is currently seeking leaders who want to grow with us in a fast paced environment.
- Receive shipments and ensure both quality and quantity
- Trace, track and expedite purchase processes
- Ensure accuracy of all inventories; review bills, invoices and purchase orders
- Create and maintain contact with vendors and customers to ensure timely delivery of goods
- Maintain and manage delivery schedules
- Reports to General Manager
Requirements for Consideration:
- 1 year inventory management/supply chain management in a food/retail service environment
- Strong computer and inventory software proficiency, to include Microsoft Office Suites, & Oracle
- Ability to demonstrate outstanding customer service practices.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks all with an attention to fine detail
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast paced and pressured environment, communicating effectively with both customers and vendors
- Associate Degree preferred, but not required, in Business, Hospitality, or Supply Chain Management
- Competitive Salary $37,793 - $40,313
- Opportunities for growth
- Full Federal benefits package (Health, Life, Retirement, etc.)
- Paid vacation, paid sick days, and ten paid holidays
About this company
Established in 1946, Veterans Canteen Service (VCS) was created to provide articles of merchandise and services at reasonable prices to Veterans enrolled in VA healthcare system, caregivers, and visitors. Since its conception, VCS’ mission continues, incorporating a strategic Veteran-centric approach emphasizing the importance of service to Veterans and supporting VA’s overall mission. VCS provides retail, food, and vending services across the country.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA