The Plant Manager must be able to perform multiple duties and roles. This person will have to be skilled in time management. They will be charged with evaluating and developing employees, procedures, and processes as well as making recommendations to improve efficiency, productivity and reduce overhead. They will be responsible for the supervision and continual monitoring of their designated operation and must be capable of assessing daily production flow to meet the demands and schedules of the business. They must have the ability to effectively interface with existing company resources as well as being able to work individually with minimum oversight. Leadership skills and the ability to work in a diverse employee environment is a must.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Ensure safety practices at all times.
· Supervise the production of quality product through continuous monitoring of line operation.
· Inspect machinery and equipment for operation and ensure it runs at the appropriate rate making quality parts.
· Manage cellular operations and ensure the proper staffing based on cycle times.
· Order necessary materials as needed.
· Produce product of highest quality with ongoing cost containment.
· Effectively utilize labor hours to maximize efficiency and minimize waste and scrap.
· Monitor production for completion of the schedule and work within Operations to improve where needed.
· Ability to analyze forecast and production data to determine capacity throughout the organization.
· Evaluate and recommend areas of improve plant performance and environment.
· Instruct, train and be a leader to all department personnel.
· Perform other duties as assigned by Senior Management.
· Consistently deliver the best in customer service. As an employee, demonstrate courtesy, dignity and respect, in each encounter with customers, visitors and other employees.
College graduate or equivalent is required.
Some additional studies and/or related experience is preferred
Masters is preferred.
Must be a “high energy” leader.
Ability to work well with others
Must have strong organizational skills and be detailed oriented.
Excellent time management skills to manage high volume in a fast-paced environment.
Self-motivated, organized, creative and good leadership skills.
Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Some knowledge of JD Edwards helpful.
Team and people oriented, professional and displays a “can-do” attitude.
Skilled in using MS Office / Windows in a networked PC environment.
Ability to be flexible and calm under sometimes tense conditions.
Is responsible for a budget and must maintain cost control in all areas. Including: personnel, maintenance repairs, tooling costs, trash costs and all minor MRO expenses.
RSI Home Products’ sole objective is to develop new ways to deliver kitchen, bath, and home organization cabinet, countertop and accessory products to retail partners, dealers and home builders at the highest value possible. We are firmly committed to providing quality products that are proudly designed and produced in the United States at our California, North Carolina and Texas facilities. We focus on every detail, no matter how small, that can help us become more efficient and proficient. This attention to detail allows us to reinvest in higher quality materials, innovative processes and outstanding personnel