Life Skills/Sober/Supportive Living Companions provide face-to-face supportive assistance to clients in PCH Supportive Living or in a client’s own home. Services differ depending on the needs of the client and may include: 1:1 services for dysregulated or high-risk clients, sobriety support for the recently sober or struggling clients, and general life-skills for clients as they transition back into their communities (e.g., needing support with daily living tasks/errands).
- Undergrad or Graduate Degree in a Behavioral/Mental Health Field preferred
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, DMV check
- Must have access to a reliable vehicle
- Experience working with chronic mental illness and working with clients in-home
- Independent licensure as a life coach, sober coach, or life skills coach preferred
- Assist clients w/ Tasks of Daily Living (TDLs): hygiene, grocery shopping, going to doctor’s appointments, and other usual errands (e.g., meal preparation; routine household chores, cleaning, laundry, shopping, and bill-paying)
- Companions provide instructive assistance for achieving social/educational goals: College Applications, Community Volunteering, Obtaining Employment
- Supportive Companionship: provide support and ensure a client’s safety for a limited period
- Crisis Intervention: provide 1:1 companionship for acutely dysregulated and recently sober individuals that are high risk for self-harm or relapse
- Provide transportation to and from treatment and other appointments
- Coordinate with clinical team to assess client’s level of functioning and need for continued support
PCH Treatment Center is a psychological treatment facility located in the quiet Mar Vista community near Santa Monica, California. PCH stands for Psychological Care & Healing because we understand how difficult it can be to struggle with psychological issues and how important it is to meet each person with compassion, expertise, and individual care. Read more about our approach and philosophy you can visit http://www.pchtreatment.com/mission-philosophies/.
Location/Region: Pasadena, CA (US)