West LA real estate firm seeking a roll-up-your-sleeves renovation and maintenance manager for scores of multifamily buildings.
1) Manage the maintenance and renovations team
2) Monitor and insure upkeep of all buildings and units with the intention of maximizing the long-term value of the holdings.
3) Oversee and monitor and improve efficiency of maintenance operations and outside contractors.
4) Manage and bid the procurement of third party contractors and vendors.
5) Approve purchase-orders and keep properties expenses on-budget.
6) Assist in due diligence of new property acquisitions.
7) Scope, bid and manage annual capital expenditure projects
8) Assist in preparation of annual operating budget.
- Prefer at least 3 years of experience working in Multi-Family Property Maintenance Supervision with knowledge of standard industry practices in property management.
- Highly skilled in the building trades with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service, and installation (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical).
- Experience in large scale renovation projects – both interior and exterior.
- Knowledge of laws and standards that apply to property management, such as Fair Housing Laws, Landlord-Tenant Law, OSHA Standards, local and state building codes.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office and AppFolio (or similar property management software.)
- Proactive, well-organized and results-oriented with the ability to take initiative
- Ability to build routine procedures, checklists, and maintain their ongoing application
- Availability to work flexible hours as required and to be on-call in response to emergency situations.
- Ability to drive and access to a vehicle required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bi-lingual English-Spanish is preferred.
GPK & Associates is a vertically integrated real estate and investment management firm specializing in multi-family residential and concentrated in West Los Angeles. Owns and manages scores of buildings and hundreds of units.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)