Custodian (On Call) with Experience at several sites in the SAN FERNANDO VALLEY & VENTURA areas (Woodland Hills is in the middle of the areas where you will work).
Must have reliable transportation because will work in various sites in the San Fernando Valley and Thousand Oaks area.
Our company does drug screening and background check. We also participate in E-Verify.
**For immediate consideration please respond to this ad with a copy of your resume**
ON CALL Custodian
SBM Site Services is looking for an On Call Custodian to help us shine! We have an immediate opening for an ON CALL Custodian who is flexible and able to work day and night shifts when our employees call out and to fill in during staff shortages. It is essential to understand that this is not fixed schedule. We cannot guarantee 40 hours per week, but there is opportunity for growth once you have established yourself. If a full-time opportunity comes up, you can also choose to have a fixed schedule instead. The ideal candidate will take initiative, be a self-starter and have a positive attitude.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Surface care (dusting, sanitizing, glass/mirror/window cleaning, polishing, clean blinds and draperies)
- Waste removal (empty trash and recycle bins, transport trash and waste to proper disposal areas)
- Restock restrooms, closets and break rooms
- Clean restrooms & handle clogged drains & toilets on demand
- Clean kitchenette and cafe areas
- Revise your area to make sure it is tidy
- Comply with safety rules, policies, and procedures. Stops at risk behavior of others and self
- Perform work assignments in a team with other employees
- Perform repetitive tasks
- Communicate with and take direction from lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner
- Fill in during staff shortage
- Use proper personal protective equipment
- Present a professional appearance and conduct
FLOOR EXPERIENCE PREFERRED
- Strip & apply floor wax
- Buff / Polish floor
- Extraction (Wet/Dry)
- Carpet spotting
- Transports floor equipment, tools, & supplies
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Custodial experience is required and floor care preferred
- Must have legal work authorization to work in the U.S.A. because we participate in E-Verify
- Must pass a background check and drug test
- Must have a valid driver license with no driving incidents in the last 36 months
- The starting pay range for this position is $12.50 - $13.50 per hour DOE.
- For immediate consideration, please apply online.
SBM is an EEO Employer.
SBM is an international company providing facilities support services to some of the world's leading Fortune 500 companies. Our dedication to delivering the highest quality service and cost savings solutions with the least environmental impact possible has launched SBM into the top one percent of service providers in the facilities maintenance industry. Today, SBM services more than 350 million square feet throughout the United States, Canada, and Latin America, with plans to expand globally in Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
Our innovative employee programs, supportive management structure, and extensive career advancement opportunities make SBM a great place to work. As a result, our turnover rate is one-fourth the national average. We respect and promote the professional and personal growth of our employees and are committed to the success of one another. Teamwork, integrity and compassion are core values of our company, and we go to great lengths to ensure that our employees are satisfied and rewarded for the work that they do.
SBM is an EEO Employer.
Location/Region: Woodland Hills, CA (US)