Title: Program Aide
Reports to: Program Manager
Department: DAC/ADP Venice
Location: 1430 Venice Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90006
FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Program Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 am to 3:30 pm
Supervisory Responsibility: None
Under supervision, the Program Aide will assist instructors with providing group instruction to adults with developmental disabilities.
20% Assist with delivering services to the clients/consumers that will enhance their ability to function within the program and in the community and, in general, work closely and cooperatively with all staff to assist the clients/consumers in meeting their goals. This includes remaining engaged with the clients/consumers while in the classroom and during community outings.
20% Assist with distributing meals, snacks, and beverages and help clients/consumers that need assistance with eating.
25% Attend to the personal needs of the clients/consumers in a respectful and caring manner. Assist with personal hygiene needs including toileting, illness, and incidents of incontinence.
25% Supervise, monitor, and assist clients/consumers as needed. Provide supervision during clients’ arrival, departure, and lunch-time. Assume temporary classroom monitoring in the absence of the instructor. Monitor restrooms to ensure client/consumer safety. Assist clients/consumers throughout facility who appear to be unsupervised.
10% Accompany clients on ECF van or public transportation for community-based training or field trips.
- Comply with ECF’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program. Ensure safe use and operation of tools and/or equipment.
- Comply with ECF policies and procedures and follow guidelines for mandated reporting of suspected abuse and neglect, reporting medical emergencies, and unusual incidents to case management or supervisory staff.
- Attend in-service trainings and facility staff meetings.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education/Licenses/Certifications: High School diploma or equivalent.
Experience: One year experience working with adults in a social service, rehabilitation program, or nursing care facility.
- Ability to communicate in English with co-workers and clients/consumers.
- Ability to comprehend and follow instructions relayed in English to ensure directions regarding work to be performed and safety guidelines are followed.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive issues and materials.
- Pass a DOJ background investigation.
- Provide evidence of a negative TB test initially and every three years thereafter.
- Pass a pre-employment physical.
HOW TO APPLY:
Qualified applicants may submit an employment application by visiting our ECF careers page:
Exceptional Children's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or intellectual disability, medical condition (including pregnancy and medical conditions related to childbirth), military or veteran status, marital status, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other basis protected by state or federal laws.
To learn more, visit www.ECF.net and connect on Facebook at www.facebook.com/ConnectwithECF.
Providing the highest quality services for children and adults challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities — empowering them to reach their greatest potential.