Under the supervision of the Accounting Manager, performs clerical accounting principles and procedures in general accounting, to include payroll, and accounts receivable/payable. Assist with financial, statistical and accounting records and reports. Must be flexible and able to perform a variety of accounting functions relative to assigned area of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: The below statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities, duties and or skills required. Management reserves the rights to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of different positons. Essential duties may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Tracking of Capital Fund expenditures by year, and budget line item.
- Assist in the preparation of month-end and year-end schedules audits and reports to governing agencies, investors, auditors & other stakeholders.
- Reconcile/process inter-program invoices and maintain inter-program payables/receivable on a current basis and process cash transfer requests.
- Prepares and maintains accounting files for accounts payable/receivable, collections, and maintains related accounts journals.
- Reconciles general ledgers, bank statements, logs and other fiscal records: reviews data to locate and determine cause of variance between accounting reports/statements and coordinates resolution.
- Process annual 1099s.
- Be available during Agency business hours to meet client needs, coordinate with co-workers, oversee contract workers, attend face-to-face meetings, and handle day-to-day operations necessary for the position.
- Take initiative in anticipating or identifying problems or errors and follow up to resolve by researching though multiple records.
- Assist in the preparation of a variety of reports including those required by Federal and State agencies, investor, and lenders. Ensure compliance with State, Local and Federal Regulations and lender and investor requirements.
- Analyze monthly budget variances for expense control purposes and obtain variance explanations from property manager/program manager/department manager.
- Coordinates with other departments, as necessary, to resolve complaints and inquiries and relay information and/or resolution to the appropriate party.
- Prepare and transmit monthly ACH.
- Assist in the preparation, data input and report generation for all properties, programs, and agency-wide budgets.
- Process accounting entries and financial transactions, and construction draws for new development projects and track costs using the YARDI Construction Module.
- Performs general ledger account review to determine accuracy and validity, and prepares journal entries, including adjusting entries.
- Generate HAP reports to pay landlords, including monthly accounting for Port-In and Port-Outs. Collaborate with HCV staff to resolve landlord payment issues.
- Responsible for processing and depositing miscellaneous checks.
- Generate monthly rent charges, cable, payment agreements, and maintenance charges.
- Process payroll.
- Must have a strong knowledge and level of Accounting Principles and procedures.
- Time sensitive bill processing requirements.
- Complex mathematical computations.
- LIHTC and other affordable housing programs.
- Principles and practices of governmental accounting and reporting, including budgeting, reporting, audit procedures, and cost accounting systems.
- Principles of business letter writing and basic report presentations. Proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and composition of client and agency letters.
- Modern office procedures, business mathematics application, and statistical recordkeeping methods.
- Operation of standard office equipment, and 10-key calculator.
- Basic organization, rules, and regulations.
- Process transaction and keep fiscal records accurately.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Work with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Exercise initiative and independent judgment that demonstrates quality customer services, good business sense, creativity, and as part of a team.
- Maintain the mental capacity to make sound judgments and the physical capacity to effectively perform the duties as assigned.
- Deal diplomatically and sensitively with clients, other agency representatives, local community agencies, and the general public.
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality of all information.
- Understand and implement oral and written instructions, and make sound decisions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Compose clear, complete, accurate and concise correspondence and reports independently using correct grammar, syntax, punctuation and spelling.
- Operate a personal computer using various Windows-based applications, with an emphasis of Excel, and related programs, including standard, as well as proprietary software.
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Authority. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
- High School Diploma and;
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience, with progressive responsibilities in accounting.
- College degree in Accounting preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION
Essential and marginal functions (may) require maintaining physical condition necessary for sitting and standing for prolonged periods of time in indoor office environment. Must have vision to read printed material and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person, before groups, and over the telephone. Must stoop, kneel, reach, stretch, bend, pull drawers open and closed to retrieve and file information. Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects up to 25 – 50 lbs. with the use of proper equipment. Have excellent hand strength and the manual dexterity to operate keyboard equipment.
- Must have access to an automobile or other means of transportation, when and if required to travel on Housing Authority business.
- Must possess current automobile insurance in accordance with California law and, a valid California driver’s license, including a driving record acceptable to the Housing Authority insurance company.
- Must be insurable by the Housing Authority’s insurance carriers.
- Provide proof of US citizenship or, if an alien, either lawful admission for permanent residence or authorization for appropriate work by the Immigration and Naturalization Service.
MUST SUBMIT A COMPLETED APPLICATION, AND IF OFFERED THE POSITON, YOU MUST SUBMIT A DISCLOSURE FORM, AND DRIVER RECORD FORM TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION
FILING DEADLINE 4pm Thursday June 20, 2018
Location/Region: Ventura, CA (US)