We are seeking an Appliance Repair Technician to become a part of our team! You will assist with the installation and repair of various machinery and equipment.
- Services and repairs household appliances such as washers, dryers, refrigerators, and stoves.
- Disassembles appliances so that problems can be diagnosed and repairs can be made.
- Traces electrical circuits, following diagrams, and conducts tests with circuit testers and other equipment to locate shorts and grounds.
- Replaces worn and defective parts such as switches, bearings, transmissions, belts, gears, circuit boards, or defective wiring.
- Talks to customers or refers to work orders in order to establish the nature of appliance malfunctions.
- Reassembles units after repairs are made, making adjustments and cleaning and lubricating parts as needed.
- Records maintenance and repair work performed on appliances.
- Provides repair cost estimates, and recommends whether appliance repair or replacement is a better choice.
- Maintains stocks of parts used in on-site installation, maintenance, and repair of appliances.
- Observes and examines appliances during operation to detect specific malfunctions such as loose parts or leaking fluid.
- Observes and tests operation of appliances following installation, and makes any initial installation adjustments that are necessary.
- Refers to schematic drawings, product manuals, and troubleshooting guides in order to diagnose and repair problems.
- Instructs customers regarding operation and care of appliances, and provides information such as emergency service numbers.
- Assembles new or reconditioned appliances.
- Cleans, lubricates, and touches up minor defects on newly installed or repaired appliances.
- Bills customers for repair work, and collects payment.
- *The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Operation monitoring
- Quality control analysis
- Judgment and decision making
- Complex problem solving
- Time management
- Previous experience in cleaning, maintenance, or other related fields
- Familiarity with maintenance tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Ability to work well in teams
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Education: Training in vocational schools, related on-the-job experience
- Experience: 1-2 years of related experience
- Sealed Systeem certificate, Class 1, 2, 3, or universal preffered.
- Own truck and tools preferred
Browne's Appliance LLC has been around since 1952. Our company serves most of San Diego. Our company is growing
Location/Region: San Diego, CA (US)