AUTOMOTIVE GENERAL MANAGER
We are a nationally recognized, multi-franchise dealership organization looking for an experienced Automotive General Manager that can lead through vision and values. The General Manager will be a world class leader at one of our two newly acquired locations in Los Angeles.
Candidates who are currently General Managers for a foreign or domestic store are encouraged to apply. Previous experience as a General Manager is a prerequisite for this role. Our preference is that you would have experience specifically working in the California market as a General Manager.
• Minimum of five years’ General Manager experience for a domestic or foreign brand
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
• An understanding of inventory control and best practices of business acumen
• Knowledge of all current lead providers and sales tools (CRM’s, DMS’s, advertising methods)
• Self-motivated, revenue and goal oriented, and ability to work within a fast paced environment
• A successful track record of leading sales employees
• Proven leadership ability to mentor and train others
• Organization and follow-up skills
• California candidates preferred
• Create a work environment that will promote teamwork and cooperation, where the sales department personnel can prosper, find rewards by their efforts and continuously be motivated and challenged to improve performance.
• Promote the dealership’s standards, integrity, ethics, and job performance.
• Direct the daily activities of the sales departments, establishing objectives for sales and profits for sales personnel. Continuously evaluating and monitoring their progress toward achieving these goals.
• Staff the dealership with individuals who are competent, trustworthy and adequately trained for their positions and motivated to help the dealership achieve its goals and objectives.
• Assure that the sales department is in compliance with all local, state and federal wage and hour laws and all other government regulations relating to employment, compensation, safety, harassment, and discrimination.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of the new and used vehicle inventories and stocking plans that will assure adequate supply while minimizing expense and depreciation.
• Assure that all purchase agreements, finance contracts, lease agreements, applications for registrations, and all other documents necessary to the sale and leasing of vehicles are completed accurately and in full compliance with all local, state and federal laws.
• Follow and abide by all company policies.
• Address customer complaints to ensure high level of customer satisfaction.
• Evaluate all sales personnel monthly.
• Valid California Driver License (clear DMV driving record)
• Valid California Salesperson License
• Paid vacation time
• Paid sick leave
• Paid holidays
• 401k with company match
• Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision
• Life insurance
• AD&D • FSA/HSA accounts
• Supplemental benefits
All applicants must be willing to submit to pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR and drug testing in order to qualify for employment.
This job description is not intended to detail every aspect of your job or list every task you may perform. It is provided as a general overview of the responsibilities and skills required to do this job successfully.
Submit resume using the "Apply Now" feature.
Location/Region: Los Angeles