The Global Medical Affairs Senior Medical Scientist supports the development and execution of global medical affairs strategy for Amgen’s inline and pipeline portfolio of assets in Multiple Myeloma, including evidence generation, communication, and global external engagement.
The GMA Sr. Medical Scientist for Multiple Myeloma will:
- Contribute to global medical strategy through deep understanding of medical practice
- Support the Global Medical Affairs Team
- Support the development and execution of global medical affairs strategy including medical insight generation and translation into medical strategy
- Support the development and execution of global medical external stakeholder engagement strategy to strengthen external understanding of the unmet need and medical value of the products for appropriate patients via opinion leaders, advocacy groups, patient groups, professional societies, and payers
- Support the development and execution of global medical evidence generation strategy to shape medical practice, including investigator sponsored studies
- Support the development and execution of global medical communication and evidence generation strategy to support the value proposition of Amgen’s products and maximize access and reimbursement
- Support the development and execution of a global medical communication strategy including clinical narrative framework, scientific platform, core content, medical education, and advisory boards
- Support the continued build-up of Amgen’s reputation as a reliable science-based and
- patient focused partner
MD/DO degree from an accredited medical school OR PhD OR PharmD
Clinical and disease knowledge base in Multiple Myeloma or hematological malignancies
- MD plus accredited fellowship in Hematology-Oncology, board certified or board eligible
- 2+ years Medical Affairs experience in the biopharmaceutical industry (biotech, pharmaceutical or CRO) that includes collaborations with integrated delivery networks, accountable care organizations, and/or payers
- 2+ years of clinical research experience and/or basic science combined with clinical teaching and patient care activities
- Experience with stakeholder engagement and interactions (e.g. opinion leaders, advocacy groups, payers)
- In-depth understanding of scientific method and clinical applications based on medical, scientific and
- practical rationale
- Familiarity with concepts of clinical research, clinical trial design, real world evidence, and biostatistics
- Sound scientific/medical judgment
- Familiarity with regulations and guidelines that govern pharma industry practices
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people’s lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world’s leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Location/Region: Thousand Oaks, CA