This position calls for bright energetic people with a good work ethic and positive attitude who are willing to learn. This is an entry level position into being a Fabricator. Helpers do many simple tasks in the shop to assist in our fabrication department such as gathering material, painting, grinding and moving steel with overhead cranes. Ability to use a tape measure is required. This job requires the ability to lift and carry up to 75 lbs periodically and must possess a Class C drivers license with a clean record.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in operating a variety of steel processing equipment (Drill Press, Grinder, Various Hand Tools, Airless Paint Gun and Band Saw)
- Driving a 1 ton truck to pickup or deliver supplies
- Safely load and unload machines and trucks/trailers using overhead cranes and forklifts
- Perform minor maintenance and cleaning of equipment and work area in accordance with company standards and manufacturers machine recommendations
- Wipe down steel with solvant
- Paint steel with an airless paint gun
- Operate a grinder to grind welds smooth
- Must work professionally and effectively with other coworkers and customers
- Must be organized, and perform well under pressure
- Familiarizes themselves on the best practices of the company, and educates themselves on the inventory, machinery and processing capabilities
- Must have a Class C drivers license with a clean driving record
- Must be able to pass a drug test
- Must be able to lift at least 75 lbs
- Must be punctual and organized and perform each essential duty satisfactorily
- Must be able to operate a forklift
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and accuracy minded
- Must have the ability to read a tape measure
- Must have ability to operate various steel processing machinery(drill press, grinder, various hand tools, airless paint gun and band saw)
Ability to read, analyze and follow verbal and written instructions in documents such as work orders, safety rules, operating instructions, technical procedures, procedural manuals and drawings. Ability to speak clearly and effectively to members of the company.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all common units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to read a tape measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to define problems, collect data, and draw valid conclusions, as well as alternative solutions. Ability to identify multiple types of industry metals and shapes. Overall ability to understand the goals of the company (safety, efficiency, quality, etc.)
Must demonstrate conflict resolution, respect, integrity, ethics, punctuality, dependability, accuracy, safety, and teamwork while maintaining company rules.
High School Diploma/GED
Moderate-Heavy work level - Lift, carry, push, pull 1-75 lbs. frequently. Bend, squat, kneel, stoop, twist, turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently. Sit, stand and walk for 1-8 hours per day.
The work environment is industrial where hearing protection, vision protection, hard-hat, and steel-toed shoes are required, in addition to other appropriate protective clothing. Noise Level - Severe Temperature - Varies due to outside exposure.
Fabrication of Structural Steel.