The Dominguez Firm, Inc. is a leading Personal Injury Law Firm (Civil Litigation) in Southern California serving the Latino community. The Firm represents clients throughout all of Southern California who have been injured in all types of accidents, including workplace accidents under the California Workers' Compensation system. Our Firm specializes in Plaintiff Personal Injury and Applicants Workers’ Compensation. We are seeking an experienced bilingual Litigation Secretary to work in our fast-paced, high volume Mid-Wilshire office.
The Litigation Secretary professional will work directly and support the Personal Injury attorney. In addition, the Litigation Secretary will work with other members of the Personal Injury department, as well as other departments (i.e., Workers’ Compensation, Immigration, Administration, Intake), as assigned. In addition, the Legal Secretary (Litigation Secretary may be tasked with special projects on an as needed basis requiring direction and guidance by Management and/or other Team Leaders.
Primary duties/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Type and transcribe correspondence and various legal documents and forms.
- Draft documents and correspondence.
- Preparation of all Pleadings, Discovery and No Fault.
- Docket and calendar legal appearances and filing deadlines.
- Schedule appointments, set up conference calls, arrange meetings, schedule conference rooms and make travel arrangements using Firm applications and appropriate resources;
- Interview clients, witnesses, doctors, and law enforcement officers;
- Gather police reports and other supporting evidence;
- Request, receive and document medical information; manage medical records;
- Review, index, organize, and summarize documents produced by other parties and medical healthcare providers;
- Communicate and correspond with client about case status and preparation;
- Open and sort incoming mail;
- Interact professionally with clients by telephone, email or while visiting our offices;
- Receive/screen incoming calls, take accurate messages and enter into voicemail per attorney preferences;
- Fax, photocopy, scan, and convert or export/import documents to/from other applications;
- Maintain electronic and hard copy files in accordance with the Firm's policies/procedures;
- Open new client files and sub-files following Firm's New Client/Matter Intake process, and maintain client/matter lists; and
- Perform other duties as assigned by Management and/or Team Leaders.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and tact;
- Ability to communicate effectively, in English and Spanish, with a range of individuals;
- Possess strong organizational/clerical skills;
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team;
- Ability to pay very close attention to detail;
- Ability to adhere to law office procedures;
- Ability to identify urgent tasks and to prioritize accordingly;
- Able to practice appropriate office etiquette;
- Ability to manage their time and multi-task effectively;
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure;
- Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities; and
- This position requires physical activity including, but not limited to bending, stooping, repetitive motion, and lifting of up to 20 pounds (lbs.). In addition, lifting heavy items and transport/guide up to 100 pounds (lbs.) of material on a cart is sometimes required.
- Possess a working knowledge of all phases of litigation;
- Minimum 1 – 5 years’ experience working in a law firm;
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel) and other applications and/or systems (i.e., Adobe, Internet);
- Professional appearance and “get it done” attitude;
- The right candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills; and
- Bilingual, fluent in English and Spanish, is required. Over 90% of our clients are Spanish speaking.
The Dominguez Firm, Inc. stands for three ideals: the dignity of the individual, excellence and service. These three guiding principles represent the belief system of our law firm. The paramount objectives are providing courteous and professional service and obtaining the best results for our clients.
The Dominguez Firm, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Dominguez Firm, Inc. is a leading Personal Injury law firm in Southern California serving the Latino community. The firm represents clients throughout all of Southern California who have been injured in all types of accidents, including workplace accidents under the California Workers' Compensation system. Our firm specializes in Plaintiff Personal Injury, Applicants Workers' Compensation, and Plaintiff Employment Law.