This position is based in Los Angeles, CA and reports to the Production Supervisor. The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, self-starting individual who can work independently as well as within an established team. A strong background in media operations or encoding will also be critical to the success of the position. The GMS Work Materials Operator is responsible for creating reference materials to be used in the production and timing of audio, subtitle and caption file creation.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
• Encode audio/video assets from any available source asset using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment.
• Transcode client media deliverables to specifications using the SDI prescribed workflows and equipment.
• Calibrate media in SDI's proprietary subtitling application ''GTS'' for distribution to SDI translators.
• Identify and address discrepancies in media files that may arise during the creation and calibration of production reference files and related projects.
• Troubleshoot and correct reported issues with assets and Work materials workflows. Escalate to GMS management and engineering as needed.
• Understands and stay current with all SDI workflows and workflow change management updates and tutorials.
• Perform general administration duties as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work flexible hours when and if needed.
Must be able to demonstrate:
• Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good technical understanding
• Ability to quickly grasp complex subject matters
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative
• Ability to be an excellent team player
• Good time management skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good attention to detail
• Enthusiastic and willing to learn
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree or equivocal experience.
• One year of related technical experience preferred.
• Able to produce and deliver error free files.
• In depth knowledge of audio/video hardware and software relevant to the office without supervision.
• In depth knowledge of audio/video formats relevant to the office.
• In depth knowledge of ''frame rates'' and their function.
• In depth knowledge of ''Aspect ratio's'' and their function.
• In depth knowledge of SMPTE time-code and its function.
• In depth knowledge of workflows relevant to the office.
SDI Media is the world's leading localization provider of dubbing, subtitling, and media services, utilizing the largest owned and operated network of recording studios worldwide. SDI Media offers clients an end-to-end localization solution for theatrical, broadcast, digital, interactive, and new media platforms using a comprehensive suite of customizable localization applications. With over 40 years of experience delivering translated content to global platforms, SDI Media continues to be the most trusted localization partner worldwide.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)