We are a corporate staffing and recruiting agency seeking an experienced Real Estate Paralegal for our law firm client, one of the top multinational law firms with offices in Century City. You will need a BA and 4+ years experience with real estate or financial transactions. You will also need experience with UCC filings, and title and survey review.
~~REAL ESTATE PARALEGAL
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Reports to: Reports to Paralegal Supervisor, works under the direction of assigned attorney(s).
Under general supervision, provide organizational and substantive support to attorneys primarily in the Real Estate and Financial Transactions practice areas, assignments may extend into Corporate practice and other practice group areas. Perform other related department and firm duties as assigned. Ensures client services and satisfaction are attained in all areas of position.
1. Consistently promote and model the Firm's Client Service Principles in teamwork, work product, and personal interaction.
2. Ensure exemplary client service to all internal and external clients; proactively promote client service throughout department and among teams; respond to peer requests with recognition that request serves a client or Firm need.
1. Assist with formation of corporations, including checking corporate name availability, reserving corporate names, preparing drafts of corporate organizational documents, and qualifying corporations to transact business in various states.
2. Assist with preparation for closings of commercial real estate finance, lease and development transactions; including preparation of escrow closing instructions.
3. Review, prepare, and file UCC financing statements, including research of filing requirements in various states.
4. Request and review due diligence materials; including zoning reports and other property related materials. \
5. Prepare due diligence summary tables.
6. Obtain, review and analyze title reports and surveys to ensure proper clearance of title exceptions prior to closing.
7. Assist with review and preparation of loan documents, including notes, deeds of trust, estoppel certificates, assignments, amendments and exhibits to agreements.
8. Proofread and blackline documents.
9. Assist with pre-closing document organization and distribution.
10. Assist with review and preparation of loan documents.
11. Attend transaction closings and assist with document organization.
12. Organize, index, and distribute bound volumes of closing documents.
13. Coordinate requests and filings with service companies.
14. Organize and maintain document management and retrieval systems, including computerized systems.
1. Complete and release time notes on a daily basis and time sheets on a weekly basis.
2. Ensure that minimum billable hours expectation is met, working with manager and attorneys to seek out additional work as necessary.
1. Remain current in industry trends in Business/Real Estate and the legal profession.
2. Ensure expertise in technology relevant to the position; proactively use most current technology to further teamwork, client service, and efficiency.
3. Participate on projects that increase the value of services to clients, attorneys, timekeepers and the Firm.
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 4 years experience with real estate or financial transactions.
2. Experience with UCC filings and title and survey review is strongly preferred.
Teamwork and Applied Skills:
1. Strong sense of accountability, taking ownership over projects and responsibilities and resolving issues proactively.
2. High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and excellent proofreading skills.
3. Ability to research, analyze and synthesize large amounts of data.
4. Ability to work concurrently on a variety of projects and work effectively under pressure.
5. Strong organizational and writing skills required.
6. Excellent teamwork skills and a strong client service orientation.
7. Ability to work independently and to meet deadlines is essential.
8. Ability to work overtime is required.