- Candidate must have experience originating loans for residential “fix and flips” and/or ground up construction or multifamily. Please do not apply if you do not.
Candidate’s Location is Flexible (Los Angeles Metropolitain Area - will be working remotely)
We are an established and entrepreneurial real estate finance company that provides direct loans to real estate investors and developers who acquire, renovate and resell (“fix & flip”), or build new, non-owner occupied residential real estate throughout California. Our company is well capitalized and backed by institutional private equity.
We are searching for a Southern California located VP of Originations to source loan opportunities directly from a variety of sources including investors/builders, realtors, real estate brokers, and mortgage brokers.
To be successful in this position, a candidate will need to be a highly motivated team player with a “will do what it takes” attitude that is also dedicated, entrepreneurial, resourceful, creative, and be willing and able to travel regularly throughout Southern California to generate new business, attend investor clubs and networking events, meet prospective borrowers, and visit properties.
The ideal candidate will have not only direct experience previously originating these types of loans, but detailed knowledge of the private / hard money lending industry and have a wide range of skills that encompass sales and marketing, relationship building, networking, loan underwriting, structuring, and negotiation.
- Source, develop and maintain professional lending relationships with residential real estate investors/developers
- Cultivate referral network of real estate agents, mortgage brokers, real estate brokers, and other industry-leading sources
- Attend and participate in real estate networking events
- Present loan opportunities to senior management according to guidelines
- Conduct loan and borrower due diligence
- Assist in documenting and closing loans
- Use and maintain Company CRM platform
- At least 2+ years of real estate finance and hard money lending experience with specific experience in residential “fix and flips” and/or ground up construction loans
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently, and creatively source and develop new business
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, and interpersonal
- Excellent computer skills (Mac skills a plus): MS Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Real Estate or Finance preferred
- Base salary plus volume-based bonus
- 401k plan and health insurance benefits
- Paid vacation
Please include a cover letter describing your background and interest in the position.
We are an institutionally owned, entrepreneurial real estate finance company that provides direct loans to real estate investors and developers who acquire, renovate and resell, or build new ground up, non-owner occupied residential real estate throughout California.