Welcome to Central City Community Health Center where our mission is to provide quality patient centered health care to low-income, undeserved individuals. With 16 clinic locations in Los Angeles, North Orange County and the Inland Empire, as well as our support to almost 800 private Board and Care facilities, our core value of exceeding patient relationships in a culturally sensitive manner translate into an environment where the welfare of our patients always comes first. We seek the best trained clinical and professional staff and strive to provide care in a culturally sensitive manner.
In partnership with other team members, responsible for performing delegated clinical and administrative duties, particularly in direct support to primary care providers and some direct care to patients, inclusive of the following:
- Elicit patient medical and social history, and interact with patients regarding their medical care.
- Perform a review of systems.
- Initiate lab and radiologic tests and studies.
- Provide health teaching and counseling.
- Monitor and manage stabilized chronic conditions
- Review chart findings and exercise of services in accordance with established CCCHC Management CHDP, State Office of Family Planning, Los Angeles Regional Family Planning Council and other medical standards and guidelines.
- May perform simple laboratory tests such as wet mounts.
- Prescribe and dispense packaged, pre-labeled medications under protocol.
- Refer and follow-up on patients in accordance with established protocols and procedures.
- Consult with other members of the health care team regarding individual needs of specific patients
- Provide support for recommended actions.
- Refer patients to appropriate clinic and/or community resources.
- Supervise the RN, LVN, Medical Assistant, Community Health Worker, and other staff providing direct patient care, and assume responsibility for daily clinic management.
- Participate in case management meetings and staff meetings.
- In conjunction with other members of the health care team, provide patient and community education classes as requested.
- Assist in the provision of in-service training of clinical, volunteer and other personnel as assigned by the Medical Director or Lead Clinician.
- Assist in data collection for evaluation and research purposes.
- Complete necessary billing and other patient related forms.
- Participate in the CCCHC clinical committee.
- Participate in the After Hour/Weekend call schedule as directed by the Medical Director.
- Consistently demonstrate and uphold CCCHC’s principle of providing quality health and human services to the medically underserved and low-income populations in a culturally sensitive manner.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Special Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Ability to plan and be organized.
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative and be flexible and cooperative.
- Self-motivated and independently productive.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of patient information and Company records.
- Ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to patients and employees.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various PC applications, including E-mail, Microsoft Excel, and Word, Internet and networking devices.
- Required to know, follow and enforce safe work practices, and be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations.
- Required to have knowledge of CHDP guidelines, Immunizations schedule and AAP periodicity table.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Must possess a dependable automobile with insurance.
- Current CA Driver License.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred.
- Graduation from an accredited Nursing program for advanced practice.
- Current CA licensed as a Nurse Practitioner.
- A minimum of one year experience preferred.
Normal clinic environment with:
- Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping and kneeling.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while also being tactful, diplomatic, and empathetic.
- Ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with patients, customers, managers and other levels of personnel, in person and on the telephone.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain composure under conditions of urgency and/or time constraint.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle and maintain patient confidentiality.
We offer a dynamic work environment with competitive salaries and benefits. Central City provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Mission Hospital complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
To apply for this position please visit our website at: http://centralcityhealth.org/
Job Type: Full-time
- Nurse Practitioner: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
We have set up application questions for your job.
Central City Community Health Center, Inc., is a non-profit, Section 330 Federally Qualified Health Center. We're an established nonprofit Federally Qualified Health Center with excellent reputation, providing primary healthcare and mental health services to underserved populations. Our Center is a dynamic, patient-centered work environment.