Title: Content Specialist
Location: Greater Los Angeles Area, CA
Job Type: Contract to Full-Time (40 HRs/week)
Are you passionate about trending content? Are you always the first one of your friends to share the latest and greatest viral video? Do you love Reddit, Quora, 9Gag, and other content platforms? Then our client is looking for you! Our client's content platform, including some of the most popular mobile apps today, is seeking Content Specialists with a keen sense of pop culture to curate the best content for our community.
They partner with over 100,000 publishers and professional creators around the world, including top-tier media outlets such as CNN, The New York Times, HuffPo, Vox Media, and Vice Media to distribute their content to over 18MM monthly active users. Our content personalization engine leverages proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) and deep machine learning to recommend the best and most relevant content to our users.
- Identify and curate trending topics, articles, and videos on a real-time basis and feature them within the app.
- Use push notification to inform and activate our community around trending and breaking stories.
- Rate, review, and promote content within our content management system to continuously improve our personalization engine.
- Enhance content quality through reviewing content submitted through our creator platform.
- Maintain editorial calendar for special edition feature to engage our community around events, holidays, and seasonality.
- Enforce our commitment to the best user experience by ensuring content integrity, authenticity, truthfulness, and copyright.
- BA/BS Degree Required, preferably in Communications, Media, Journalism, Marketing, or Advertising.
- 1-2 years’ experience with content review, editing, and curation.
- 1-2 years’ experience in content marketing, social media, journalism, (if seeking a job in journalism then this would not be a fit) or a related field.
- Must Love Pop Culture, Entertainment, Social Media & Trending Content!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, copy editing or creative writing experience is a plus.
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced, global organization.
- Ability to combine an analytic mindset to leverage data and metrics with strong creative instincts.
- Bilingual English and Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus- NOT REQUIRED
Even Better If:
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Working with motivated co-workers in a trendy and fun office environment.
- We offer you a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment with rewarding work. You will work with a highly motivated team and have room for personal development in a successful and growing international company.
Los Angeles, CA 90028
Akorbi is a leading Information Technology company providing Staffing solutions worldwide. We are a top-tier vendor for the premier Technology company with offices in the US, and Internationally. Akorbi Recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Akorbi and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.akorbi.com. Akorbi is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)