Strategic Senior Sourcing Manager
Global Pharmaceutical Company in Greater LA area
A global pharmaceutical company is looking for a Strategic Senior Sourcing Manager for their Marketing vertical. This person will be managing ~200M in spend and responsible for Data Acquisition, Data Support and MarTech The Senior Manager will be accountable for developing and managing the overall sourcing and supplier management processes for this evolving category.
· Drives the global roadmap for data sourcing in identifying, evaluating, negotiating and integrating a variety of global data sources/services within companies data/technology ecosystem
· Develops strong relationships with key stakeholders / groups (Center for Observational Research, Global Health Economics, Value & Access, Business Analysis & Information, Commercial Information Management, Commercial Delivery & Innovation, Scientific Affairs) and with key providers in current and future markets
· Acts as a trusted business advisor providing thought leadership and consistent customer service whilst delivering qualitative and quantitative value to the organization
· Provides subject matter advise to internal and external stakeholder groups addressing current/future business needs demonstrating marketplace knowledge
· Leads and influences stakeholder groups with sound and articulate business case recommendations (i.e. build vs buy strategy) with quantifiable financial benefits
· 4+ Years of sourcing experience within a Strategic environment
· Solid understanding of procurement/sourcing/category management methodology and able to drive value for customers leveraging the right sourcing levers
· Excellent and disciplined project management and prioritization skills with ability to react to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
· Can conform to shifting priorities and have ability to drive multiple simultaneous project implementations
· Strong commercial acumen to drive sourcing and demand management strategies and supply negotiations across the data sciences category
· Proven ability to deliver complex multi-regional and/or global projects in a matrixed and global environment
· Track record in establishing strong SOW/SLAs and ensuring supplier performance
· Broad knowledge of the market forces shaping a customer’s business context (e.g. supplier base, legal & regulatory environment, sources of competitive advantage)
· Ability to conduct benchmarking to address cost, quality, risk and innovation considerations
· Ability to provide thought leadership, ability to influence and actively shape strategy
· A sourcing expert with strong financial acumen and problem-solving skills
· Independent self-starter and able to motivate others to accomplish ambiguous tasks
· Clear thinker, disciplined, logical and organized with the ability to prioritize
· Strong oral and written communication / presentation / collaboration skills
DSJ Global is a revolutionary search firm, specializing in the bespoke delivery of executive search solutions to clients.
Working across a number of niche industries and sectors across the US, UK, and Europe.
With offices in New York, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, London, Zurich, Berlin, Hong Kong and Singapore, DSJ Global operates on an international scale providing bespoke search packages which are unrivaled in the widespread recruitment market. Our aim is simple, to provide executive search level services which are flexible and tailored to the individual requirement of each client, on an unrivaled cost structure. We currently specialize in the areas of Procurement, Supply Chain, Logistics, OPEX, Finance and Human Resources.
We believe that every client should receive the benefit and accuracy of a search approach, whilst being able to dictate how, when and where it occurs, all on a fee structure to suit. Our revolutionary approach allows us to structure each assignment according to the requirements, time scales and budget available. We believe that for too long executive search firms have been too rigid in their approach and have been able to dictate how the search is conducted, leaving the client relatively powerless on the outcome.
Our service allows our clients to have increased control, direction and interaction in the search conducted on their behalf and has resulted in successful, on going relationships as search firm of choice with an ever expanding client group.