Only local candidates in the Los Angeles CA area will be considered.
Further your career with our company. We have been creating unique fruit and flavor solutions for the food and beverage industry for more than fifty years. Our reputation for creativity, innovation and technological advancement fueled our expansion into broader-based flavor capabilities. We are seeking a diverse, highly motivated and qualified individual to lead as our Quality Control Manager. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, growing environment, this is the opportunity for you!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Hires, trains and effectively manages assigned Q.C. personnel, providing clear performance expectations and feedback, including formal performance evaluations.
2. Reviews quality control test results and makes disposition decisions for raw material and finished products.
3. Develops ongoing procedures to utilize rework and old/obsolete materials in current production.
4. Monitors batch records for accuracy.
5. Prepares “Certificate of Analysis” documentation as required.
6. Maintains quality control laboratory equipment and instruments and ensures proper standardization and record keeping.
7. Maintains all records required by internal procedures and outside government agencies.
8. Maintains inventory of production retain samples.
9. Monitors production activities as they pertain to cGMPs, product quality, and food safety.
10. Audits labels for compliance to State and Federal regulations.
11. Trains employees on cGMPs, allergens and cleaning.
12. Assists in the testing of products, as necessary, including sensory evaluation.
13. Monitors and tracks effective cleaning practices of Sanitation and Production.
14. Aggressively works with Production to improve processes, practices and overall quality and food safety.
15. Performs monthly GMP and Glass and Hard Plastics Audits.
16. Works with auditors regarding audit criteria and tours/inspections of the facility.
17. Works with Quality Assurance Manager in the completion of Internal audits of the facilities’ programs.
18. Works with the Document Team to maintain, create, and review relevant company policies and procedures.
19. Works with Quality Assurance Manager to investigate and resolve customer complaints due to product quality issues.
20. Maintains familiarity with company policies and procedures pertaining to quality control, food security, sanitation, cGMPs, HACCP/food safety, and employee supervision.
21. Must be HACCP Certified and able to serve as facility HACCP Coordinator.
22. Must be SQF Practitioner certified and able to fulfill this role in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
1. B.A. or B.S. degree in a science discipline.
2. Familiarity with general lab analytical equipment and its use in testing food samples.
3. Five years of experience in a supervisory capacity in the food industry, with a background in fruit and flavor processing a plus.
4. HACCP certified or ability to achieve this certification rapidly.
5. SQF Practitioner certified or ability to achieve this certification rapidly.
AFF manufactures custom juice and flavor blends for a wide variety of industrial users worldwide. Companies come to us for the latest and best ingredient blends and flavor systems for their products. In business over 50 years, we have two manufacturing plants and a distribution warehouse in Southern California.