The Quality Engineer & Test Supervisor is responsible for verifying that Resistance Welding and other equipment designed and assembled meets the requirements defined in our drawings, procedures and checklists. Supervision of the technicians completing the calibration and final test of this equipment is a key responsibility, as well as a key source of data for determining the compliance and reliability of that equipment. This engineer will work closely with the production managers and operators to determine the root cause and resolution of quality issues encountered in our plant. They will also work with the production planning and customer service groups to assure that equipment will be calibrated and tested in time to support the commitments given to our customers.
The Quality Engineer and Test Supervisor will be responsible for:
• Collecting and analyzing data on non-conforming products, determining root cause of non-conformances, and working with employees in the manufacturing, engineering and purchasing groups to resolve the root causes identified.
• Working with the engineering group to maintain and improve the calibration and final inspection procedures and checklists for our products.
• Determining the test timing required to meet product shipment commitments and working with planning to assure that equipment is assembled and delivered to the test group to allow sufficient test times prior to an ontime shipment.
• Supervising the technicians doing the calibration and final test.
• Collaborating with colleagues in the QSS group to share resources as required to accomplish the broader mission of the group. • Training new and veteran employees as required.
• Working with the R&D and engineering groups to implement more automated testing and calibration
• Providing technical information as required to the test technicians.
• Troubleshooting and providing technical analysis of defects in company products
• Preparing and presenting reports and information as required including quality metrics and reliability statistics.
• Other projects and tasks as requested by supervisor and management
Must have at least 10 years of experience as a Quality Engineer in the Electro-mechanical equipment manufacturing industry. Experience supervising people is required. Strong knowledge of electronics and PCs is required. Experience with lasers is a plus. Demonstrated success in teams developing advanced products with electronic, mechanical and software components is a strong plus.
A Quality Engineer must be able to sit/stand for extended periods of time while working. Mobility is required to physically monitor technicians and inspectors in different work locations. Manual dexterity and visual acuity required to test, check, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair precision Electro-mechanical equipment. Ability to lift 50 lbs. Strong audio and speech communication skills required to handle customer calls. Must have the ability to operate all electronic type test equipment, read and interpret schematic blueprints and line samples. Must possess very good troubleshooting skills related to electronic circuitry and be knowledgeable of microprocessor and logic theory as well as ability to teach others. Reading, writing and math skills at college or graduate school level.
At Amtec, we care about you and your career. Since 1959, we have changed the lives of thousands of people for the better - people just like you. It is our goal to help you find meaningful work by matching your character, competence, and culture with an organization that truly values what you have to offer. Whether you want a contract assignment, a temp-to-perm job, or a regular full-time position, we are here to be your partner throughout your whole career.