CDL Design Group is a boutique interior architecture and design company located in Irvine, California. Our clients include commercial office buildings, mixed use, hospitality and retail spaces. We specialize in space planning, tenant improvements and interior design. Recently named one of Orange County’s fastest growing companies, CDL Design Group is seeking an experienced AUTOCAD draftsperson/designer to work with our growing team in a busy environment. Must have excellent knowledge of latest AUTOCAD programs, a positive attitude, great organizational skills and ability to communicate with others. We expect our team members to hit the ground running, with the ability to manage a wide range of projects simultaneously.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working within an architecture or design firm environment
- Commercial Space Planning and Tenant Improvement experience a plus.
- Ability to review, develop and complete sets of construction documents using AutoCAD and all Adobe programs
- Utilize CAD software to convert designs, sketches, ideas and descriptions into technical drawings.
- Read and understand specifications, mechanical drawings, blueprints and sketches.
- Specify dimensions, materials, and procedures.
- Understand and able to explain design concepts with other designer/drafters.
- Effectively communicate and share information with colleagues as part of the design process
- Field technical questions from internal and external parties regarding plans and specifications. Manage correspondence with clients, vendors and consultants.
- Understanding and ability to deliver strong project specific submittals
- Knowledge of California 2016 building codes and ADA Requirements, a must
- Ability to shift priorities and focus seamlessly in a changing environment
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office 2016 or Office 365
- Strong technical, and project leadership skills
- Work on multiple projects with diligence and commitment
- Strong collaboration and organization skills are required
- Currently live in the Orange County, CA or surrounding areas with legal U.S. work status only.
Who we are looking for:
- A self-starter, intelligent, fast-learner that has the desire for professional advancement.
- Strong time management and organization skills, able to multi-task (able to work on several projects concurrently).
- A positive "can do" attitude with good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong work ethic, takes pride in your work and company
- Solving presentational skills, able to communicate and work well with fellow employees, clients, consultants, governing agency officials, contractors and subcontractors.
- Driven to excel under pressure and meet project deadlines.
Benefits of Joining our Team:
We take pride in our employees
We are focused on developing and expanding practice areas, and encouraging excellence.
We offer a professional environment that is fun, fast-paced, and friendly
We are located in Central Irvine, near the Irvine Spectrum and easy freeway access.
We participate and schedule lunch and learns, and employee appreciation lunches
We offer a very competitive salary structure with excellent benefits (medical, dental, retirement)