Directs, manages and oversees all operations of assigned manufacturing teams, including the direct supervision of manufacturing practices and the quality of our products. The most successful candidates will come from a fast-paced food, manufacturing, or retail operation. Responsible for; assessing and developing departmental skill sets and managing performance, designing and implementing continuous improvement projects focused on enhancing manufacturing operations, through leadership, team participation, and focusing on safety, quality, customer service, and productivity. Must be able to set the example and hold teams accountable to the mission, vision, values of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive results through Strategy Deployment metrics to include: COT, Quality, Efficiency to Standard and Safety
- Manage all functions of the identified value streams including; manufacturing, quality and maintenance directly and indirectly through others/
- Provides direction, management, and development of team members to ensure the efficient and safe operation of the team.
- Team Member Relations: makes consistent employment decisions, maintains effective communications with associates, including associate recognition, and creates an environment of consistent accountability through metrics and facts.
- Continuously improves processes and delivers conforming quality products and services to internal/external customers.
- Participate in and execute strategic planning projects including new product launches.
- Ensure all activities are in compliance with internal and external policies and regulations
- 3 or 5 years in a management level role responsibility for associates in a manufacturing environment
- HSD or GED; some college a plus.
- Computer Literate; including Word, Excel and Outlook Experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Ability to interpret complex situations and execute actions and plans
- Excellent project management skills – ability to manage timelines and meet deadlines.
- Must possess excellent reasoning abilities. He/she must be able to analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, select and implement the best alternative and communicate the logic behind the decision
- Must be able to work in a cross functional organization
- Practical and academic knowledge of Lean Manufacturing techniques and tools a plus.
- Knowledge of GMP preferred.
- Bi-Lingual a plus
Any combination of academic education, professional training or work experience, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Drive results through Strategy Deployment metrics
- Development of strong team members
- Ensure safe and efficient environment
- Ensure confidentiality of company/team member information and issues
- Remain professional at all times
- Confidentiality of all company information including but not limited to: employee performance, compensation, intellectual property, etc.
- Ability to impact the organizations bottom line
- Strongly influence the processes and technologies
- Have a wide range of creativity to gain saving within the organization
- Continued ability to grow professionally
About SEED Beauty
SEED Beauty is currently the fastest growing beauty company in the world and possibly the fastest growing CPG ecommerce company in the US. SEED Beauty is the parent company for direct to consumer brands ColourPop Cosmetics launched in 2014, Kylie Cosmetics launched in 2016, and future brands that are currently in the incubation stage. SEED Beauty brands are disrupting the traditional cosmetics industry by changing incumbent distribution channels, rewriting how brands interface with their customers, and changing the way products are developed, launched, and marketed. The business is experiencing hyper growth and has grown to over 1,000 team members in 30 months. SEED Beauty is built on a 60 year old family owned business that is leveraging its unique vertical integration to capture this once in a lifetime opportunity.
Location/Region: Oxnard, CA (US)