State Sales Manager
Aliera Healthcare – Los Angeles, CA
$75,000 - $110,000 Base a year + Commission up to 2 times base
Aliera Healthcare is a $200 million organization providing healthcare programs in both the group and individual markets.
We are seeking a State Sales Manager who has a good working knowledge of the group market to call on Brokers, GAs, MGAs, FMOs, and IMOs. The position requires a seasoned individual with industry knowledge who will contact top MGAs and Brokers to position Aliera Healthcare as the ideal partner providing innovative products, value-added services, and best-in-class customer service.
The State Sales Manager is responsible for developing the broker channel within their state / territory and will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Identify, nurture, and pursue relationships with Brokers, Agents, TPAs, PEOs and Associations within the territory.
· Develop, enhance, and maintain close relationships with HIGH PROFILED industry organizations ensuring a high level of client satisfaction and retention, while increasing sales revenue and profitability.
· Assist Regional Sales Manager in the distribution, support, and sales of Aliera Healthcare products.
· Attend local and national networking functions within the industry to objectively yield broker and prospect relationships.
· Serve as primary contact for general broker questions, service issues, and client feedback to facilitate the proper resolutions and account support / management.
· Deliver convincing presentations to brokers and prospective groups that focus on Aliera’s innovative approach to healthcare.
· Achieve and report on individual sales and recruitment targets within the territory.
· Use market analytics, past performance, and industry intelligence to develop unique business plans to maintain/improve sales within the territory.
· Prepare and present effective reporting which identifies intermediate activity goals, key messaging, and assesses and priorites key clients and broker relationships.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Bachelor’s Degree or work equivalent
· Current General Lines –Life, Accident, and Health Insurance license
· Previous worksite benefits experience preferred
· Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills are crucial
· Proficient in MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Speed to complete tasks.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
· Motivated and driven by achievement and financial rewards.
· Possess a willingness to work within the framework of a sales team dedicated to achieving the goals of strategic growth.
· Positive attitude and friendly disposition.
· The ability to understand and balance sales objectives and strategy with the needs of brokers and prospective clients.
· Essential written communication skills required include business communications across multiple mediums. Oral communication skills must be assertive but not aggressive and must include the ability to present relevant information quickly and chronologically to facilitate knowledge transfer and decision making.
Aliera Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Aliera Healthcare is an innovative healthcare organization offering its members a comprehensive model of care. Our healthcare programs are centered around the direct primary care medical home model of care which puts the member at the center of care. Our nationwide healthcare programs service the employer group and individual markets for alternative healthcare solutions to standardized Insurance plans.