QA TECH – 3rd Shift 10pm to 6:30am Sunday to Monday
Summary: It is the responsibility of the QA Technician to perform independent inspection functions to verify product conforms to specifications, to monitor processes and provide support to Operations, and to enforce cGMPs and SOPs. The QA Technician assists management in identifying and reporting non-conformance issues and trends.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs and documents a wide variety of inspection s, checks, tests and sampling procedures during the manufacturing process
• Monitor all aspects of the manufacturing operations to assure adherence to cGMP regulations which includes, but is not limited to: Housekeeping, Personnel and Hygienic Practices, Pest Control, Calibration and Scale Verification , Logbooks, Batch Records, Signs, and Labels.
• Perform line clearance for removal of all previous products, components and foreign materials. Approve work stations for readiness prior to use.
• Report manufacturing operations non-conformances to Supervisor and recommend corrective actions.
• Review documentation to assure accuracy and completeness.
• Provide proper bulk product labels.
• Perform reconciliation and closing of batch records.
• Assist management in conducting inquiries and investigations.
• Assist in training new inspectors on proper documentation and inspection techniques.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• 1-2 years of relevant work experience required
Good verbal and written communication Good interpersonal skills
Ability to work independently and in a team environment Ability to follow instructions
Good attendance and punctuality
Good organizational skills/ attention to detail/ ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
• Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
• Working know ledge of cGMPs
• General proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Physical demands require sitting and walking for extended periods of time, bending, reaching, carrying, and occasionally lifting and/or moving objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear.
About us: We are privately-owned, FDA registered and audited, GMP-certified, full service contract manufacturer of custom dietary supplement formulations. We feature high efficiency encapsulation lines operating 24/7, capable of producing over 3 billion softgels annually, fully comply with FDA and cGMP and have been independently certified by NSF International. We are a premier custom nutraceutical manufacturer of softgels, capsules, tablets and powders.