Solugenix is a professional staffing and IT consulting firm, committed to meeting the needs of its candidates and clients. When you join Solugenix, you join the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, distinguished by a history of industry innovation. Long before they were commonplace, our pioneering systems became the DNA of today’s technologies. From firsts in cell phone billing systems, to web-based mapping and routing solutions, to fast food help desks, Solugenix drives IT solutions around the world.
At Solugenix, you become part of an expert team making a difference by delivering value for some of the world’s largest firms in finance, medical device, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods industries and more. Join Solugenix today and become part of an established team poised to continue creating innovations for the future of our world!
CHOOSE INNOVATION. CHOOSE VALUE. CHOOSE SOLUGENIX!
Job Title:Copy Editor
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Duration: 6+ Months
- Position requires strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to manage multiple assignments in a fast paced production environment needed. Position may also involve marking up statistical and disclosure updates in lieu of a writer.
- Candidates must have professional presentation and communication skills. Experience working within a corporate environment is required. Financial industry knowledge is a plus.
Job Description: The Copy Editor is a key member of the Marketing Communications team and is responsible for reviewing a variety of marketing materials to ensure the highest quality deliverables. The Copy Editor will work with various internal groups to manage projects and ensure all tasks are scheduled and completed on time.
- Copyedits, proofreads and fact-checks materials. Copyedits and proofreads print and electronic materials for clarity, grammar, accuracy, consistency, style and tone, as well as disclosure requirements. Verifies statistics and facts against internal and external sources. Recommends copyedits based on knowledge of target audience and internal and external style guides.
- Updates and/or identifies changes to information in materials that require quarterly/annual updates, including, but not limited to, statistical information and changes in investment and risk disclosures. Utilizes appropriate tool(s) to ensure updates are displayed correctly on all appropriate web/digital pages. Copyedits and abridges content to fit sizing requirements as necessary. Ensures materials are error-free.
- Monitors, tracks and incorporates all compliance language updates to ensure materials comply with legal and regulatory requirements. Determines impact to existing materials when compliance language is added or changed. Understands and applies required hedge language across all collateral and channels.
- Monitors existing copyediting tools and resources, including, but not limited to, the AP Stylebook, the Chicago Manual of Style, Q&A, Allbios, Disclosure Management Center and the U.S. Service Mark and Trademark Status Chart, for changes. Updates and maintains internal databases, checklists, style guides, biographies and other resources, and updates team members as necessary. Stays informed of and incorporates style guide changes in content to ensure consistency of the tone and style of Capital Group’s communications.
- Demonstrates sound judgment when resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong grammar and syntax skills
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of hedge language, spelling, punctuation, grammar and style guides and ability to apply that knowledge to work assignments; follows Chicago and AP styles
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and across broad, diverse groups; demonstrates strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to follow production schedules, track deliverables, solve problems and escalate issues as appropriate
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational and multitasking skills; demonstrates ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates working knowledge of financial and investment concepts
- Requires at least 3-5 years of copyediting experience
- Experience in financial, pharmaceutical or, medical environment is strongly preferred
Solugenix, the longest serving independent IT consulting firm in the nation, delivers comprehensive, managed-services IT solutions known for their innovation, value and dependability. Our custom IT services, including Application Lifecyle Management Services, Business Applications Support, Custom Inbound/Outbound Call Centers, IT Service Desk Operations and Support and Professional Staffing solutions are tailored to unique industry requirements and delivered with predictable, manageable costs to optimize mission-critical transactions, drive business value and support customer success.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)