Part-Time Technical Writer / Technical Writer - Freelance
Appetize Technologies, Inc. is looking for a Technical Writer to join our growing Engineering team. This role is a blend of Engineering and Product Marketing with a focus on creating the proper technical documentation for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to manage and write weekly release notes to support software deployments.
- Develops, writes, edits, and formats materials such as Standard Operating Procedures, Business Practices, forms, checklists, technical manuals, installation guides, user manuals, and related technical and business process documentation.
- Create technical documentation on how to configure backend settings for internal stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain a Product User Guide/Manual.
- Translate complicated information into practical language for external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Marketing to create product specification sheets.
- 3+ years of technical writing experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Communications, Marketing or English preferred
- POS, restaurant, retail and/or payments experience a strong plus
- Proven ability to understand and communicate technical software concepts.
- Experience creating technical software documentation.
- Experience writing, editing, compiling, validating and maintaining information for both technical and non-technical personnel in accordance with applicable standards
Appetize, the Los Angeles based Point-of-Sale technology company, is serving its modern ordering and payment technology to over 400 enterprise businesses. We're a a fast-growing and disruptive technology company that is steadily replacing legacy point of sale systems in the sports and entertainment, education, and professional industries. Appetize marquee venues including, Madison Square Garden, US Bank Stadium, University of North Carolina, and the San Jose Convention Center. Appetize redefines the ordering and payment process through its POS, handheld, kiosk, and inventory products for operators, as well as its mobile ordering platform for fans. For more information, visit www.appetizeapp.com.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)