Job ID69118LocationUS-CA-Los AngelesExperience (Years)3CategoryClinical - PharmacistStreet Address2070 Century Park EastCompanyCalifornia Rehabilitation InstitutePosition TypePer Diem
California Rehabilitation Institute
**Joint Venture with Cedars-Sinai, UCLA Health and Select Medical**
Pharmacist -Per Diem
Completion of an Inpatient Residency (PGY1 or PGY2) strongly preferred
At California Rehabilitation Instituteour services have been designed for patients who need a longer rehabilitation hospitalization for their recovery. We are currently seeking a Pharmacistto join our team.
At CaliforniaRehabilitation Institute, our employees are the foundation on which the success of our rehabilitation services continues to grow. Each member of our medical, clinical administrative and support teams bring a level of experience, expertise and commitment to patient care that is unmatched in our industry.
The Staff Pharmacist performs professional functions generally associated with the practice of pharmacy in the institutional setting. Acts administratively in the absence of the Director. Directs technical and clerical pharmacy personnel. Assists in implementation of quality control measures in order to identify and rectify problems.
- Performs all dispensing related functions. These include but are not limited to: entering medication orders into the computer generated patient profile, preparing, labeling, and dispensing individual medications in accordance with doctor's prescriptions, compounding oral and injectable pharmaceutical preparations using proper aseptic technique, and filling and checking medication cassettes to insure accuracy prior to delivery to the patient care unit. Prepares weekend and day pass medications for patients on leave from the hospital.
- Processes Floor Stock and Controlled Substances requests.
- Contacts and confers with physicians regarding any questions or irregularities regarding medication orders. Documents all recommendations and corrective actions taken in a clinical intervention report.
- Performs antibiotic stewardship activities by reviewing pertinent culture and sensitivity information as well as laboratory data and makes therapeutic recommendations based upon these findings.
- Participates in clinical activities which include but are not limited to: attending Team Conferences, participating in patient related rounds, conducting medication management teaching, mentoring pharmacy students during their rotations, processing drug information inquiries and consulting patients and family members on discharge medications.
- Participates in staff, supervisory and special meetings of committees as may be required.
- Keeps informed on developments and trends inside and outside the organization which relate to assigned functions. Serves as a resource to other departments for information needed. Participates in and contributes to outside professional activities or other projects.
- Consults with physician and nursing staff concerning availability, form, side effects and incompatibilities of currently available drugs. Maintains drug literature source to be at disposal of medical and other professional staff.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Current state licensure as a Pharmacist required
- One or more years of experience in hospital pharmacy
- Completion of an Inpatient Residency (PGY1 or PGY2) strongly preferred
At CaliforniaRehabilitation Institute, our intense focus on high-quality results creates a challenging, fast-paced and extremely rewarding environment.We offer a comprehensive benefits package with a variety of options to meet your healthcare needs.
Other benefits of a Full Time Pharmacist position include:
- Excellent Orientation Program
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Days (EID)
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Continuing Education and Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Personal and Family Medical Leave
- Join the network of over 40,000 employees with huge growth and opportunities
Software Powered by iCIMS
Our network of over 100 specialty hospitals care for medically-complex and critically-ill patients. Designed for patients with persistent weakness and often damaged organs, these hospitals are built for extended periods of recovery. They are known as long-term acute care hospitals.
Another fifteen medical rehabilitation hospitals in our network are custom designed for patients who have survived critical injuries but are ready for more intensive rehabilitation.
Select Medical also offers nearly 1,000 outpatient clinics for patients in need of physical rehabilitation. These clinics provide physical therapy, hand therapy, low back rehabilitation, work injury management, sports performance and other specialized services.
For our business partners, we combine all of this expertise to offer highly specialized business solutions, including contract therapy, work injury management, and more.
Location/Region: Los Angeles, CA (US)