Welder #TEMPT01120Amada North America Inc
This position is responsible for fabricating parts according to instructions and within specified time frame, using the appropriate tools and/or equipment according to safety and quality standards, as well as carrying out any other duties as directed by Team Leader or Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions:
Primary Job Functions Weight : 70 %
1) Performs Troubleshooting and Fabrication Duties
by fabricating parts as directed by Team Leader or Supervisor; by troubleshooting fabrication problems; by requesting parts and/or tools, when necessary; by performing accurate, quality fabrication in a timely manner; by performing adjustments needed to ensure factory settings and specifications; by using schematics, engineering documentation, and precedent to fabricating parts; and by submitting fabricated parts to Quality Control, appropriate Team member, or Department.
2) Maintains Tools, Equipment, and Work Space
by following instructions on tool and equipment use; by reporting problems, repairs needed, and repairs performed to Team Leader or Supervisor; by performing repairs as needed; by regularly cleaning tools, equipment, and work space throughout shift; by cleaning and detailing tools, equipment, and work space at the end of every shift; and by following instructions regarding routine maintenance and/or treatment for tools, equipment, and work space.
Secondary Job Functions Weight : 20 %
1) Keeps Management Informed
by reporting problems immediately to management verbally or in writing, in order to avoid confusion and problems.
2) Manages Time and Resources
by using Company resources in order to maximize productivity and accomplish tasks on time.
3) Complies with Established Procedures
by learning and following all policies and procedures of the Department in order to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the Company.
Common Job Functions Weight : 10 %
1) Contributes to the Team Effort
by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other Staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks when reasonably requested.
2) Maintains Professional and Technical Knowledge
by attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by applying that knowledge to the job.
3) Acts on Constructive Feedback
by being open to feedback from peers, supervisors, and clients.
4) Improves Processes
by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
5) Upholds Work Standards
by maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one’s own limitations and to seek assistance when needed; and by using established communication channels.
Essential Job Requirements:
Physical Requirements & Working Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the Staff Member is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The Staff Member is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to pick-up, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
• The Staff Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually noisy (i.e., working with powered tools, moving parts, and heavy machinery).
• The Staff Member may be required to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
Non-Essential Job Functions:
Demonstrate commitment to an Injury-Free Environment by actively participating in company safety programs.
Comply with all aspects of the corporate environmental, health, and safety program.
Experience/Minimum Qualifications Needed:
• Ability to effectively respond to questions from Management, Staff, clients, and the general public in English.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups in English.
• Ability to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
• Ability to apply knowledge and sense of understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions.
• Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
• Must be tactful, mature, flexible, and able to successfully respond to multiple work pressures.
• Less than high school education; or up to one month related experience or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience working in a manufacturing and production preferred.
• Experience driving forklift and using measuring tools preferred.
• ISO and SAP experience a plus.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.