The Development Coordinator is part of a team responsible for the annual fundraising programs of the California Science Center Foundation, providing administrative support to the Development Department with a focus on the core operations of the Discovery Ball annual gala and Partners in Learning annual giving program. The ideal candidate is a team player with strong organizational, time-management and communication skills. Data entry experience and keen attention to detail are also required. The Development Coordinator is responsible for gift processing (invoicing, pledge/gift data entry, financial reporting and reconciliation); generating renewal letters, acknowledgment letters and contribution receipts; constituent data maintenance and mailing list management; and coordinating meeting and event logistics. This position is also responsible for coordinating key elements of the Discovery Ball, including tracking guest lists and donor/sponsor recognition preferences; coordinating communications to sponsors and guests; overseeing guest registration; and assisting with night-of-event fundraising activities.
- Bachelor’s degree desired, or equivalent work experience.
- 1-2 years administrative assistance or data entry experience in an office setting, preferably in a development office or nonprofit organization.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented with ability to establish and maintain high standards of information management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, OneDrive applications, and database programs; Tessitura or other constituent relationship management (CRM) system experience preferred.
- Understanding of basic accounting standards and ability to accurately record revenue and expenses.
- Solid writing and editing skills; must be able to produce relevant writing samples upon request.
- Strong problem-solving skills and effective project coordination ability.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop productive working relationships with staff across departments.
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact effectively and diplomatically with Trustees, donors, sponsors, members, volunteers and the general public.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to produce results in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent follow-through and ability to manage multiple high-priority tasks while balancing all assigned responsibilities.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends (Saturday and Sunday) on occasion.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative support for annual fundraising programs and solicitation efforts, including the Board of Trustees Statement of Commitment process, Partners in Learning renewals and acquisitions, and Discovery Ball sponsorships.
- Process pledges and gifts received for Partners in Learning and the Discovery Ball, as well as grants and other contributions, including accurate data entry of donations and constituent information.
- Create and maintain Partners in Learning and Discovery Ball financial reports and coordinate with Accounting Department to ensure monthly and fiscal year-end fundraising revenue reconciliation.
- Compile and maintain up-to-date revenue data for reporting on progress toward fundraising goals to Executive Staff, donors, the Board of Trustees and committees.
- Maintain constituent records and data, including making timely additions, changes and updates in the donor database.
- Build queries and exports to produce current mailing lists and reports; coordinate mailings.
- Produce and track correspondence, including solicitation/renewal letters, pledge forms, invoices, acknowledgment letters/receipts, and event/program invitations.
- Manage Partners in Learning benefits fulfillment and maintain accurate donor recognition records for updating the annual donor wall and website.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist with donor stewardship as a point of contact for Partners in Learning donors and Discovery Ball patrons/table sponsors.
- Provide staff support for the Discovery Ball, including coordinating committee meetings and follow-up; managing materials and publication mailings; tracking guest lists and donor/sponsor recognition preferences.
- Oversee Discovery Ball guest registration and assist in the coordination of night-of-event fundraising activities, such as raffle ticket sales and donations for education programs.
- Provide logistical support including RSVP management, participant confirmations, catering arrangements, work orders, room set-up, parking reservations/validations, etc. for various donor programs, events and stewardship activities; may occur on- or off-site, as well as outside of standard business hours.
- Manage publication and software subscriptions and support Development purchases, in compliance with purchasing policies.
- Assist in monitoring the Development department expense and revenue budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
$20.00 - $23.00 / Hr