Director of Exhibit Maintenance
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Operations, the Director of Exhibit Maintenance is responsible for overseeing all daily exhibit maintenance and repair activities. Through subordinates, ensures maximum operational uptime and the highest degree of aesthetic quality to provide a world class guest experience.
- BS degree in a related field of study preferred.
- 5+ years professional experience in a related capacity or any combination of experience and training which would indicate potential to perform duties of this position.
- Broad knowledge of audio/video equipment, distribution systems, control systems, and networks.
- Strong understanding of the characteristics of materials common to the industry and associated fabrication techniques.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with a broad array of design professionals including graphic designers, curators, fabricators, lighting designers, etc.
- Familiarity with software to create floorplans and renderings preferred.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of Museum staff.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work at high elevations utilizing lifts and fall safety equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication essential.
- Strong understanding of Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and up to 75 pounds on occasion, kneel, bend, crouch, squat, and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings, weekends and holidays as required.
- Ability to occasionally travel to other venues for exhibit installations/deinstallations.
- Experience in training, supervision, and evaluation of staff.
- Directs and develops a diverse staff of employees and promotes a positive team environment.
- Provide leadership and vision for department goals ensuring alignment with overall Science Center strategic plans.
- Designs and implements preventive maintenance schedules, standard operating procedures, and departmental policies.
- Evaluates the function and performance of exhibits. Tracks exhibit downtime. Oversees redesigns necessary to ensure maximum function.
- Serves as a key technical expert/project lead during the design of new exhibits, gallery renovations, and the installation of new/temporary exhibits. Reviews floorplans, design drawings/schematics, conceptual renderings, graphics, associated contracts and loan agreements.
- Participates in the development and administration of annual operating and capital budgets; monitors and approves expenditures.
- Ensures completion of required condition reporting and other loan documentation.
- Procures supplies, equipment and contractual services.
- Stays abreast of industry trends, emerging technology and fabrication techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Commensurate with experience. $ 7,083 - $8,333/month