Support Services ManagerCity of Fountain Valley
Join Us at The Los Angeles Times Career Fair on September 17th!
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Embassy Suites by Hilton, Santa Ana
1325 East Dyer Road
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Support Services Manager
$89,720.61 - $109,055.96/Annually
Full-Time with Benefits
Please click here for a complete list of City benefits.
- Participates in the formulation, development and implementation of operational goals, objectives, policies, work procedures and standards for the Records, Dispatch, Front Desk and Police Cadets.
- Directs, coordinates and reviews the work for the Support Services Bureau; meets with staff to identify and resolve problems; assigns work activities and projects; monitors workflow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods and procedures.
- Analyzes and evaluates systems and procedures to minimize problem areas and improve efficiency.
- Conducts difficult and complex research on a variety of subjects for staff and makes recommendations to address issues; conducts City or department-wide coordination of major programs.
- Prepares written and/or oral conclusions and recommendations on assigned projects including preparation and presentation of Council Action Reports.
- Enforces strict adherence to regulations and procedures governing the security and privacy of criminal history records and personnel information.
- Provides support to the police department as the system administrator for Records and Dispatch computer systems including the enterprise public safety and electronic citation and traffic collision systems; conducts system updates and patches; troubleshoots system bugs; conducts department training on updates and patches.
- Responds to questions and complaints from the public in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Assists with significant Public Records Act requests and other legal processes; coordinates these efforts with the Attorney for the City.
- Plans, directs, supervises, inspects and coordinates activities of Support Services personnel; develops performance improvement plans as needed and assists in disciplinary matters.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, business administration or a closely related field.
- Generally, at least five (5) years' law enforcement experience including one (1) year of law enforcement supervisory experience is required.
- Experience in Records or Dispatch is highly desirable.