Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance (Contracts & Administration)Daily Journal Corporation California Newspaper Service Bureau
Daily Journal Corporation California Newspaper Service Bureau
Senior Manager, Facilities Maintenance (Contracts & Administration)
To manage the maintenance activities for bus and rail systems, facilities, and related systems.
Example Of Duties
- Manages facility maintenance particularly contracts including but not limited to elevator/escalator maintenance services, fencing repairs, landscape and irrigation, graffiti abatement, pest and bird control, waste management services, etc. and all other related systems including but not limited to electrical systems; electronic systems; mechanical systems; equipment installations; signage production; bus and rail service support, and building and grounds property maintenance.
- Conducts special operational and planning projects; develops and prepares related reports, data, budgets, and work programs.
- Reviews and develops contract specifications, scope of work documents, deliverables, schedules, and monitors performance and budgetary compliance by vendors.
- Manages the maintenance activities and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Maintains training program for subordinates and ensures Personnel Qualification Standards are met.
- Administers various union contracts for compliance; conducts disciplinary and grievance hearings.
- Develops Requests For Proposals for contractor services; recommends amendments to and administers vendor contracts as required.
- Works with other departments, outside agencies, and vendors to coordinate activities.
- Meets with other managers to discuss and ensure service requirements are met.
- Prepares reports, memos, and other correspondence.
- Prepares and updates Board Reports, and responds to questions and inquiries from Metro Executive staff and community members.
- Investigates and reports on accidents and equipment failures.
- Prepares and submits budget proposal for assigned area, and monitors annual expenditures.
- Assesses and submits cost of repair estimates.
- Develops and prepares programs and schedules for equipment upgrades.
- Supervises subordinate staff.
- Performs site inspections to oversee contractors' work performance; evaluates site conditions and recommends maintenance tasks to improve the overall conditions.
- Participates in construction and maintenance projects' planning and design review, and provides maintenance related feedback accordingly.
- Coordinates with Talent Acquisition to initiate recruitments all the way through completion of the hiring process and filling vacancies.
- Communicates and implements safety rules, policies, and procedures in support of the agency's safety vision and goals; and maintains accountability for the safety .performance of all subordinate employees.
- Contributes to ensuring that the EEO policies and programs of Metro are carried out.
Requirements For Employment
- Bachelor's degree - Engineering, Public Administration, Business, or other related field.
- 3 years of management-level experience performing project management and contracts administration for facilities maintenance operations, construction, engineering, contract or budget administration, or other related field.
- Valid California Class C driver's license.
- Experience as outlined above may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
Metro/PTSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.