Senior Budget Analyst
Reporting to the Director of Facilities, the Facilities Sr. Budget Analyst assists with planning, tracking, reporting on an annual operating budget of nearly $50M and works with the capital projects team planning over an additional $50M for project-related work. The Facilities Sr. Budget Analyst works closely with Facilities operations department heads and management preparing budgets and monitoring performance. Facilities operations teams consist of the Director’s Office (real estate, planning and programming), Grounds and Gardens, Auxiliary Services (property management, food service, events, audio visual, logistics, custodial), Engineering, Government/Community Affairs and Capital Projects. The Facilities Sr. Budget Analyst provides guidance and interprets budget/operational policies and procedures for management and staff, audits various revenue and expense accounts and works closely with finance and procurement teams.
- Assist Director planning and programming multi-year budgets.
- Applies extensive knowledge of budget analysis.
- Prepares, administers, maintains and monitors program and department budgets.
- Prepares and analyzes variance reports.
- Interprets and recommends budget and operational related policies and procedures.
- Includes but is not limited to, travel authorization and expense report approval processes, and food service financial reporting review.
- Audits Facilities departments.
Assist Finance with operations, capital, and renewal funds status.
- Review, reconcile, and forecast financial data on a monthly and quarterly basis to ensure project budgets are tracking within budget. Reclass entries to correct anomalies. Reports variances to Director and stakeholders.
- Creation of chart fields/budget upload template to establish budgets in financial accounting system.
- Lead closeout of budget year with Facilities management and Finance.
- Work with Finance to update fixed assets schedules and year-end budget accrual process.
Coordinates with Capital Projects on multi-year strategic planning for capital and renewal projects.
- Reviews work of Sr. Budget Analyst and works with the Head of Capital Projects on programs.
- Reviews annual capital and renewal project budgets and $750M Renewal Fund.
- Reviews renewal model database on a quarterly basis.
Project Team Member.
- Acts as an advisor for Facilities team regarding guidance on Trust and Facilities policies and procedures.
- Works closely with managers and facilities supervisors to review financial reporting and project progress.
- Works closely with finance teams on reporting and accountability
Procurement & Accounts Payable.
- Works closely with project staff to process requisitions and contracts to ensure timely start of work.
- Works closely with AP and Procurement to identify invoice exceptions and resolution.
- Aid in development of financial procedures and processes as necessary.
- Other complex projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance, Master's Degree a plus
- 7-10 years experience in financial analysis and accounting