Senior PlannerUC SAN DIEGO HEALTH SYSTEM
La Jolla, CA Full-time
Posted on July 17, 2018
Involves providing strategic and long range planning for the programming, design, development and disposition of properties and facilities, including buildings, infrastructure and landscape projects; research, collect and analyze planning data to develop planning policies and procedures, project planning, design and program guidelines; compliance with environmental planning regulations and architectural design review.
Uses advanced planning concepts and objectives to resolve highly complex issues and provide high level expertise and assistance to senior management on all aspects of city planning, architecture and / or other related fields. Participates in the development of short and long range development plans, and proposes / recommends revisions and / or refinements, including identifying and proposing solutions to potential problem areas.
• Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or related area and / or equivalent combination of experience / training.
• Five (5) or more years of relevant experience.
• Experience in space planning, functional-space programming, equipment planning, logistics planning, and capital project development, preferably in a complex healthcare organization.
• Ability to read and interpret building plans and specifications and communicate information to lay persons.
• Demonstrated ability to act as intermediary between users/staff and architects, engineers and contractors.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment, in a dynamic environment of constantly changing priorities without compromising work quality and productivity.
• Ability to coordinate the work of individuals across a variety of health systems and campus offices, architects, project managers and committees in meeting deadlines.
• Ability to identify and develop facility options for program requirements.
• Effectively present findings and communicate clearly and effectively to a broad variety of people in writing and in person.
• Strong leadership, team management and consensus- building skills.
• Ability to employ interpersonal skills in situations calling for tact, diplomacy and flexibility.
• Working knowledge of computer systems and applications, including spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software.
• Knowledge of medical centers and university organizations, activities, functions and goals.
• Master's degree in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, City Planning or other planning or environmental related field.
• Five (5) years of experience with significant exposure to healthcare projects.
• Basic CAD knowledge.
• Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
• Employment is subject to a criminal background check and pre-employment physical.
UC San Diego Health is the only academic health system in the San Diego region, providing leading-edge care in patient care, biomedical research, education, and community service. Our facilities include two university hospitals, a National Cancer Institute-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center, Shiley Eye Institute, Sulpizio Cardiovascular Center, and several outpatient clinics. UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest is a designated Level I Trauma Center and has the only Burn Center in the county. We invite you to join our dynamic team!
Applications/Resumes are accepted for current job openings only. For full consideration on any job, applications must be received prior to the initial closing date. If a job has an extended deadline, applications/resumes will be considered during the extension period; however, a job may be filled before the extended date is reached.
UC San Diego Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html