Executive AssistantUniversity of Southern California
Join Us at The Los Angeles Times Career Fair on September 17th! Tuesday, September 17th, 2019 10:00 AM - 1:00 PM at Embassy Suites by Hilton, Santa Ana 1325 East Dyer Road Santa Ana, CA 92705.
- Executive Assistant
Who We Are:
The University of Southern California (USC) is a leading private research university located in Los Angeles – a global center for arts, technology and international business. As the city’s largest private employer, responsible for more than $5 billion annually in economic activity in the region, we offer the opportunity to work in a dynamic and diverse environment, in careers that span a broad spectrum of talents and skills across a variety of academic schools and units. As a USC employee, you will enjoy excellent benefits and perks, and you will be a member of the Trojan Family - the faculty, staff, students and alumni who make USC a great place to work.
The University of Southern California (USC) is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Office of the ADA/504 Coordinator. Reporting directly to the Associate Vice Provost for Institutional Accessibility, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for providing senior-level administrative support in day-to-day business matters requiring a high degree of confidentiality, initiative, thoughtfulness, and follow-through. The Executive Assistant will perform diverse administrative assignments and tasks that may involve interactions with executives both internal and external to USC. While proactively analyzing information and anticipating needs, changes, and daily demands, the Executive Assistant will play a key role in the Office of the ADA/504 Coordinator by demonstrating enthusiasm, resourcefulness, and maintaining a strong work ethic with a high degree of accountability.
Specific/Additional Accountabilities Include:
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including those associated with scheduling and coordinating meetings, travel and planning events.
- Arranges with vendors for services, prepares agendas, gathers and organizes supporting information, and ensures the Associate Vice Provost’s needs are met as appropriate.
- Types and proofs a variety of correspondence, forms, documents, memoranda, and reports in an accurate and efficient fashion.
- Answers telephones, routes calls, takes messages and/or provides information in accordance with department or university policy; reads and routes incoming mail/email to conserve executive’s time.
- Establishes and maintains hard copy and/or electronic files and records, including that of sensitive information.
- Maintains the confidentiality and currency of office records and files.
- Maintains currency on revisions to department and/or university policies and procedures.
- Manages special projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time. The University of Southern California values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor’s degree; combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
- 3 or more years’ direct experience supporting/reporting to a senior executive in an academic or corporate environment; 5 years or more preferred
- Deep experience performing administrative work that requires analysis, initiative, discretion, and independent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to thrive on personal connections and manage multiple projects, processes, and tight deadlines simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, while working with a diverse audience both inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with proven decision-making capability.
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies.
- Flexibility and willingness to work through day-to-day manual tasks and meet deadlines with little direction, often in a highly ambiguous environment.
- Ability to build credibility at all levels, exhibiting a high degree of emotional maturity and intelligence.
What We Offer:
We pride ourselves on being a Great Place to Work, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families, including:
- Benefits: Health, dental, and vision plans, tuition assistance for our employees and their families, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, 2:1 retirement plan contributions, child care centers, and up to $50,000 housing subsidy. And because we are a qualifying public service organization, you may qualify for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) for educational loans. Please visit usc.edu for additional information.
- Perks: Discounts to USC sporting events, USC Bookstores, wireless plans, travel, accommodations, and local entertainment.
- Career Growth: We are the largest private employer in Los Angeles, offering tremendous development opportunities in multiple fields and industries.